Eavesdropping (Moon)

Moon had watched his retreating form as a loud booming voice filled the halls of where the cells were at.

Darkstalker had called for Nightmare, not allowing him to answer the one question Winter had asked him. "Are you a follower? Or a rebel." That was all he had to answer.

Moon hid in the shadows, laying her body flat against the dark stone incase Darkstalker decided to come all the way to them. Winter laid back down in the of the stone cave known as his prison.

They waited till the walking of Darkstalker and Nightmare could no longer be heard.

Moonwatcher moved from the shadows slowly, watching the long dark hallway.

That was merely seven days ago.

Moon had cut her conversation short with Winter then, wanting to go see the others for a little. She had finally found herself returning to Winter after those long days. Figured it would be best if he were to know about the others being there.

A Rainwing nurse, who helped bring food and water once a day to the prisoners, was in the cave. She was young, around Moon's age and height, and was particularly close to Winter. Her voice was quiet as she tried to speak to the Icewing prince, but to no avail did he even glance at her.

Winter's expression was stoic. Stone was his facial features as Moon entered his cave.

His face changed immediately at the arrival of Moon. He sat taller and prouder as she came closer to him, stopping a mere wing length away.

"Winter." She greeted softly.

The Rainwing's voice ceased to be heard, narrowing her eyes at the one known as Moonwatcher.

"Moon." He murmured, a smile setting in. He turned to the Rainwing who was still too close to him. "You can leave now." He said in a monotone voice.

She nodded and narrowed her eyes at moon as she left, Moon's gaze following her skeptically.

Moon turned back to the Icewing, gazing at her softly. "Kinkajou and the others are here." She murmured quietly. "They are all in the infirmary." She finished.

He didn't answer, looking at her no longer wrapped wing intensely.

She took his silence and looked over him, inspecting his tattered body. He was thinner now, little food and water being the cause of this. His scales resembled a lighter color of the stone around them. His wounds had healed, but his wings drooped at a odd angle. He was no longer the proud Icewing prince he always claimed to be.

Moonwatcher's eyes flitted down to his chest. Healed now, were the several pieces of skyfire, lodged between the scale among his chest.

"Winter what did you do?" She stepped forward and lifted her talons, tracing the design.

Winter puffed out his chest more, making him seem larger than he was.

Her talons traced the design of the seven simple rocks, embedded into his chest. "Why am I not surprised that you did this." She muttered, retracting her talons from him.

A deep chuckle came from him. "How long have we been here?" He asked instead.

Moon sighed as she answered, "Two Moons have passed. The eclipse will be here in fourteen days."

"Do you have any idea what he plans on doing?"

"Not entirely. But the hybrid- Snowrey -might know." Moon sat down against the wall, her wing relaxed as she no longer had to hold it up. The wrap not being around her wing anymore was difficult. Some movements tended to cause pain to coarse through her, where as other movements were fine.

"Have you seen much of her lately?" Winter sat up and watched her cautiously. "What about your... Mind Reading?" He added quietly.

She stiffened at the mention of her power. "Snowrey hasn't been back in her cave since the first time I saw her." She answered his first question, but stiffened at the second. "Loud." She answered his second question. "It's taking me longer to block out the noise than it was before."

Winter nodded, of course he couldn't relate to her in any way possible, but he wanted to comfort her.

Moon had not brought up the conversation they had had about her being his mate since she had left his cave with tears in her eyes. It was either she was too scared to bring it up again, or that she didn't want to know his answer, afraid of what it might be.

A silence fell between the two, comfortable for them both. Sometimes it was just the presence of each other that made any situation bearable.

Moon guessed that that's why she preferred being around him more than anyone else.

"Why is the eclipse so important to him? What could he possibly want with it?" Winter broke the silence with his confusion.

Moon didn't know how to answer, for she too didn't have any idea for as to why the eclipse was so important. Darkstalker, being mostly a Nightwing, naturally not like the fact of an eclipse happening. So what made him so interested now?

"It has to do with something about himself." Moon came to a conclusion. "There is no other reason why he would be so intent about what he plans to do when the eclipse happens." Moon had overheard Nightmare's and Darkstalker's conversation in the throne room. She had immediately told Winter after that, now causing both to be solely figuring out what was so important about the nearing eclipse.

"What do you mean? Aren't Nightwing powers strengthen by the moons?" Winter wanted more of an explanation. "He's an animus. He could do anything he wanted now that he has that scroll back." Bringing up the scroll hit a nerve for Moon. Every time someone brought it up, she was reminded her of him escaping, making her believe it was her fault.

"It could be several things that cause this eclipse to be important. All we have to do, is just find out what those reasons are." Moon sat up straighter as they ran through all the possibilities of what the eclipse might mean.

However, Moon and Winter didn't know of a certain someone listening to their conversation.

And that someone would become very dangerous to them both.

New chapters finally! I am truly sorry for being inactive lately, but I do have some awesome chapters coming up here soon. Love you all!