Relationship? (Nightmare)

Moonwatcher looked up at Nightmare. "What?" She breathed out.

The scroll in her talons fell to the ground.

Nightmare smiled down at her. He was glad that she knew. "I was born under a moon. Well. One actually." He explained.

She slowly nodded, seeming to take in the information.

"You're a mind reader." She stated.

He looked at her quizzically. "How-"

"You haven't shown any sign of knowing the future Nightmare. And you where the skyfire to block out the minds. Not mindreaders." She said.

He sat dumbfounded.

"I watch you know. Even when my soul was trapped, I watched." Anger laced her words.

"Oh." Was all he said. He didn't know how to respond.

Moon picked back up her scroll and rolled it up. She placed it in her satchel. "Well. I need to go see someone." She stood.

Nightmare stood to, not wanting to have her leave him. "Would you like me to come with?" He asked hopeful.

"No." She said walking past him. "See you later!" She left quickly.

Nightmare frowned. He didn't like that she almost avoided him. No doubt he did see something in her that seemed to pull him in.

She on the other hand barely gave him a glance.

But the anger in her voice surprised him. It was as if she hated Darkstalker.

Nightmare couldn't even fathom as to why she would. He's their savior after all. Right?

Curiosity made him follow her.

Standing quickly he left the library and followed the sound of her talons clicking against the ground.

He kept his footing light and stayed in the shadows.

Weaving through the stone hallways he followed her all the way down to the cells.

Moon arrived at a cell holding a large icewing.

Nightmare hid behind a protruding rock so he could watch and listen.

"Winter. I figured it out." She started. The icewing, presumably Winter, lifted his head with a small smile.

"What did you figure out?" He asked.

"Darkstalker's plans." This intrigued Nightmare more. What did they have against Darkstalker.

Nightmare studied Winter. He was rather large and seemed to be sustaining the heat better than the other icewings.

But what caught Nightmare's eyes was the moon shape on his chest.

Winter stopped Moon though. "Someone is here." He stood and Moon seemed rather frightened as she hid herself behind Winter.

Nightmare contemplated whether to show himself or not. Winter was much larger than himself.

"Moon. See if you know who it is." Winter instructed.

Moon concentrated as she listened for the minds. "It's... Nightmare." She concluded.

Nightmare sighed as he moved away from the rock.

He regretted that immediately.

Winter lowered into a fighting stance and flared his wings. He bared his teeth at Nightmare.

Moon was quick to intercept. "Winter." She went and stood in front of Winter, looking into his eyes. "Relax. Nightmare is a friend, not a foe." Nightmare smiled a gave a small wave.

Winter sighed and looked down. "We've been here for weeks. It's hard to know who's friend or foe."

Moon nodded. "I know."

Nightmare watched the transition between the two with jealousy.

"So Nightmare." Winter raised his head and body as Moon moved to the side.

"Are you a follower. Or a rebel."

And for once. Nightmare didn't know.