Nightmare(Moon)

Moon walked quietly through the stone hallways. She was headed no where in particular but she didn't care. Her head hung low as she passed shadow guards.

Turning a corner she looked up just in time to see a dragon run straight into her. She fell back and landed on her already broken wing.

She screeched in pain as the other dragon stood up holding his head.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!"

Moon felt herself being pulled up. She moved back on instinct as she looked up at the unknown dragon.

It was a nightwing. He was as big as Winter but he seemed frightened. With his black scales his underbelly was a light green. Along with his eyes that looked like emeralds.

Moon shook out of her daze. "It's okay." She said looking down.

The nightwing was young Moon realized. Maybe older than her.

"Hey. You're Moonwatcher, right?" He asked after a silence between them.

She looked up and met his gaze. "Y-Yeah." She replied.

"So you're the one and only Moonwatcher. I'm Nightmare by the way." He said rather nicely.

His mind was blocked which seemed off to Moon.

"You must be trying to read my mind." He chuckled. "I found this black rock on that icewing prince. He said something about it being able to block mind readers."

Moon's heart jumped at the sound of Winter's name.

"He really is a disgrace to those iceheads."

And unexpected growl came from Moonwatcher. It caught not only her but Nightmare off guard.

"Don't speak of him like that." She growled through narrow eyes.

Nightmare backed up a little at her tone. "Woah there Moonwatcher, I'm sorry. I didn't know he was a friend of yours." He said honestly.

Moon relaxed a little. "So, Nightmare, who are you?" Moon asked as she sat down being careful of her wing.

Nightmare sat as well. "Well I'm basically Darkstalker's right hand man. I deliver his orders to the dragons in his army." He said.

Moon shifted uneasy at the thought of his growing army. "He plans to overthrow the whole island." She said.

Nightmare gleamed at that. "I know! Isn't it just amazing? Us nightwings will be the most powerful tribe ever!"

She looked at him with disgust. "No! It should not be like that. The Dragonets of Destiny ended all wars and created a new land where everyone is equal." She rambled.

"You know he is pretty great." The nightwing stated.

"No Nightmare. He's not." She hissed.

Nightmare looked down at the fuming Moon. He looked away. "I'm sorry Moonwatcher. I didn't mean to offend you." He said.

Moon calmed herself before looking up at him. "Thank you. And I'm sorry too." She stood but whacked her wing against the wall on accident. She hissed in pain.

Nightmare was by her side instantly. "Are you okay?" He asked wide eyed.

In the dim light he looked over her until he saw her oddly angled wing. "Come on. I know who can fix your wing." He said helping her down the hallway.

Moon walked next to him but struggled to keep her wing raised. Dragging it along the stone ground created immense pain.

Nightmare walked slower to allow the small nightwing to go at her own pace. "It's okay. We're almost there."

They reached a set of doors that Nightmare pushed in. They entered what looked like a hospital wing that had rainwing nurses dashing between patients.

Moon groaned as her head began pounding with the voices amongst the dragons heads.

She looked up though to see several rainwings not only helping the injured, but some that were injured.

One caught her eye though. Moon felt her heart flood as she stumbled her way over to the rainwing.

Nightmare tried to help her but ultimately she didn't want it.

Scrambling to the rainwing's side Moon felt tears rise.

The rainwing noticed her and visibly became relaxed. "Moon!"

"Kinkajou!" Moon said hugging her friend.

Kinkajou sat up and hugged Moon tightly. "Oh Moon I'm so sorry." She wept.

"It's okay Kinkajou. It's okay." She to let a few tears slip.

"He saved me Moon. He protected all of us. He went crazy looking for you." She sobbed.

"Who? Who protected you?" Moon asked pulling away.

"Winter." She whispered. "Is he here?" She asked looking around.

Moon nodded. "He's here but not here. He's down in the dungeons." She said.

Kinkajou looked saddened at that. Before she could say anything another voice rang through the wing.

"Moon!"

Moon turned as a sand colored dragon hugged her. She shrieked in pain as the dragon hugged her wing as well.

Quibli pulled away immediately as Nightmare came over.

"Her wing is broken." Nightmare said pushing Quibli away.

Quibli glared at the nightwing. "Who. Is. That." He said carefully.

"This is Nightmare." Moon introduced. "He helped me here. Nightmare this is Kinkajou and Quibli." She pointed to each of her friends. "They are really good friends of mine." She told him.

He nodded. "You should get your wing checked out. Come on."

Moon waved to her friends as she walked with Nightmare to a more private place in the wing.

Quibli and Kinkajou talked quietly about the new dragon. They seemed wary of him.

Getting a nurse, Moon was able to get her wing set back into place. She was told that her wing would be healed within a week if she took the medicine and rested. She nodded to the nurse before returning to Nightmare.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked gently.

She nodded. "Yep."

"Good. How about we walk around for a bit?" He asked.

Moon thought for a moment. She didn't have anything else to do.

She nodded. "Sure."

He smiled and led them out of the hospital wing.