Little One(Snowrey)

It was dark, cool, soft.

Snowrey refused to open her eyes. her thoughts were scattered as she was trying to piece together what happened. Her body ached all over and even the slightest movement sent discomfort everywhere. She didn't know how long she had been asleep, but the softness under her made it clear that she wasn't in her chains anymore.

Snowrey did not feel the heaviness on her before it was shifted slightly. There was something on her. more like someone.

Her eyes snapped open as she felt someone breathing against her cool scales. Her eyes scanned her surroundings. Stone walls seemed carried nothing on them, an open balcony with curtains hung decoratively on either side of the opening. It was dark in the room as it was outside as well, nighttime. Directly across from her was a large bookcase with scrolls packed loosely on it.

Turning her head to the left, for she was lying on her right side, she spotted a large wing placed over her. As she began to slowly turn her body more the body behind her shifted. Her body stiffened as she met the sleepy gaze of Darkstalker.

"Snowflake you're awake?" His voice was hoarse and deep from sleeping.

A panicked feeling went through Snowrey as a million questions were running through her head. Where am I? Why is he here? Where is the egg?

"Where is it." She said as if it wasn't a question but more of a statement.

A look of confusion ran across Darkstalker's features before realization took over. "It's settled onto a pillow over there." He pointed to a corner in the large room.

Without thinking Snowrey was sitting up painfully and standing, all her thoughts on the egg she had to see.

Darkstalker sat up quickly, "Snow please take it easy-"

"You have no right to speak to me." She hissed at him.

Taken aback by her words, Darkstalker had nothing to say. He knew her anger towards him would still be relevant, but he had no idea it would be this bad.

After she had collapsed, wrapped around the egg, Darkstalker had no choice but to care for the both of them. He had moved the delicate egg first, setting it among a few pillows in his chambers. To protect the little one, he had enchanted the egg to not break if it were harmed, but to only break when the child was ready to emerge. He went back for Snowrey soon after, lifting her on to his back. raising his wings upward to help keep her balanced, glaring at anyone who stared too long. Knowing that she would want to be in the same room as the egg he placed her on his bed, laying behind her and draping a wing over her, trying his best to provide comfort to her.

Snowrey had walked slowly, definitely stumbling, until she reached the egg. She sat in front of it, admiring the ebony egg with the silver drop at the top. Her talons lightly skimmed over the delicate shell illuminated by the moon cascading through the balcony.

Darkstalker had moved slowly towards her. He had not looked at the egg since he had set it there earlier. Snowrey did not say anything as he sat next to her, not touching her whatsoever.

"Why didn't you tell me Snow?" His voice was soft in the silence that seemed to fill the dark cave.

A sigh came from Snowrey as she struggled to find words tp explain. Why did she hide it from him? After all, the dragonet was as much hers as it was his as well.

"I was scared." Was all she said. Her voice was hoarse from the lack of fluids lately but there was nothing she could do about it.

"I would have helped Snow." He said pleadingly. "I would have moved you from the chains, given you everything you needed. You know that, right?" He looked at her with guilt and sorrow, a rare emotion for someone like him to portray.