Is This Love? (Winter)

"Now you little desert rats listen to me. I am now your ruler. If so much as think to hurt me, little Moon here will have a broken limb, or worse." With that Darkstalker took off with Moon trailing behind.

Winter rose with the help of Quibli and Turtle. Kinkajou was as white as an Icewing, fear being the only thing on her mind. As Winter watched the one dragonet who had his heart fly off, something snapped inside him.

A glare took over his featured as he roared, extending his wings and puffing out his chest. The others seemed startled at his actions.

Kinkajou finally snapped back to reality but her scales remained white. "He can't just take her!" By now he was stomping around and the others silently watched. He can't take her. He just... can't!

"Winter please-" Kinkajou started but was cut off quickly by the fuming Icewing.

"No! We have to get Moon back." Winter looked to the sky to where Moon flew off. "I have to get her back." He didn't realize his voice as he said that. Broken and filled with sadness.

"Winter. We can't just attack him. You know that." Quibli reasoned. "Look Turtle and I will go find survivors, you and Kink can come up with a plan, we will met back here as soon as possible." Quibli and Turtle took to the skies and flew off while Winter turned his head down to the ground.

"I'm so sorry Winter." Kinkajou said quietly. Her head was down and her wings were wrapped tightly around her, as if she was trying to provide comfort to herself. Tears lined her cheeks and fell to the grass below.

Winter rose his head and looked at the small Rainwing, feeling sympathy towards her. He slowly made his way towards her and strung a wing over her gently, as he sat down next to her, feeling her lean into him as she sobbed quietly.

"It's not your fault." He managed to say. Her sobs quieted until they were no more, but she remained curled into his side. "I shouldn't have yelled at her back at the cave. It's not your fault." Winter didn't feel like himself. He was being nice. Something he could barely do. But he felt like he owed everyone. If it wasn't for him then Moon wouldn't have run away. She would be back in that cave, sleeping.

He sat and comforted the Rainwing thinking that this was something he would never normally do. Comfort someone that is. He was always taught to stay focused, never let your emotions get the best of you. But now, he felt as if a piece of him was missing. He would never admit that he loved Moon, but if another dragon tried to pursue her he would have no problem ripping off that dragon's head.

"I wish I was in her place." He muttered.

"Don't wish that." Kinkajou said quietly. "Moon couldn't live with herself if she'd known that the dragon talking in her head was possessing you. She would want you safe." He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Something fluttered in his chest, a new feeling of sorts and he couldn't figure out what it was. Moon cared for him and she didn't want him hurt. He felt a need to protect her though. And the fact that he didn't crushed his heart.

Was this love?

Before Winter could ask a shadowy figure lunged itself at Winter and Kinkajou. He shoved Kinkajou roughly away, placing himself at the wrath of the figure. He was more than ready to protect his friend. He didn't want to let them down anymore.

A/N Woohoo. Second Chapter! And is Winter experiencing love? Who knows... Comment below on what you think!