Two Moons(Nightmare)

Nightmare watched as the small nightwing conversed with those from other tribes. He was confused as to why though. They should be their enemies.

But the look on her face when she saw them made something stir within him. He felt like he had to protect her no matter what.

When she shrieked he felt his mask fall as he was at her side. Pushing her away from them he was able to get her to see a nurse.

Now he walked with her through the dim stone hallways. She seemed quiet to him so he started speaking to fill the void of silence.

"You know I've heard stories about you. All of us have actually." He stated.

Moonwatcher looked up at him and that same feeling stirred within him.

"Really? Like what?" Her small voice was gentle and resembled music to his ears.

He smiled at her, glad they were talking. "Well for one, it is well known that you are a favorite to Darkstalker. And that you are a mind reader and a seer. And the most recent is that you were trapped under an enchantment. " He said.

She gave a small chuckle. "Favorite? Not so much." She didn't acknowledge his second statement nor his third.

"How come?" He asked, then regretted it, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

She shook her head. "Reasons." She muttered.

Then the silence void was back.

Nightmare thought for a moment before an idea came to his head. "Hey. Want to go to the library? It's massive." He said.

"It is. Let's go." She started leading the way which confused him.

"Wait how do you know where to go?" He asked as he willingly followed.

"I've been there before." She said absentmindedly.

He stopped which caused Moon to stop as well. "How though? Darkstalker said that he trapped your soul in your body. And that you couldn't control your body."

He watched as Moon's face seemed to pale. "I uh-" she didn't answer and ducked her head.

He waited to here her answer.

"I always accompanied Darkstalker to the library." She muttered and kept going.

Obvious lie.

He narrowed his eyes at her retreating figure but followed closely. Something wasn't right.

Reaching the library she had pushed the doors open and entered.

Nightmare never seaced to be amazed by the massive library with scrolls mounted on every wall.

He looked down at Moonwatcher and smiled.

She too seemed amazed at the structures in front of them.

It amused him. He stepped forward towards the scrolls and skimmed through the names.

Moon seemed to know where she was going cause she went right to a certain aisle and sat in front of some scrolls.

Nightmare was interested in what she was doing so he made his way over to her as she started pulling scrolls off the shelves.

Several actually.

He chuckled and went to the front of the library where small satchels laid to be used. Picking one up he made his way back to Moon and gently held out the bag to her.

Moon looked up into his Emerald eyes and took the bag greatfully.

"Thank you, Nightmare." She smiled and slipped the scrolls into the bag.

He smiled and sat next to her and looked into the section she was in.

"Moon born?" He asked nervously.

She looked up at him confused.

He cleared his throat. "So um how many moons were you born under?" He asked keeping the subject off of him.

She seemed quiet and didn't answer.

"One? Two?" He tried again.

She seemed uninterested in him. Something hurt as he thought that.

"Two." Her beautiful voice spoke.

His heart fluttered at that. She was just like him.

They had something in common!

He smiled. "So was I."