Betray (Snowrey)

Snowrey knew what she had to do.

She knew exactly what to say, how to act, when to do certain things.

Her cover story to keep her safe was her own idea. And he believed her. He trusted her.

When she asked for Skyfire, she had used the excuse that she didn't want the little mindreader to get inside her thoughts. It was more like she didn't want him to get inside her thoughts.

For she was here to destroy him. Physically and mentally, her job was to end his reign.

Fake Love, was her assignment and was all she was supposed to be giving him. Nothing more than a few words, maybe some hugs here and there. Well, sort of.

He did whatever she asked him to do. Without question, he would do anything for her. If anything she should rule over the seven tribes. But only one thing was holding her back. And she knew that if they found out they could easily kill her. But if she didn't, then it would compromise their mission in the end.

To end Darkstalker.

She was simply used as bait, to lure the beast away from the civilians. To seduce and change his ideas. But no dragon ever expected her to get this close to him, to become almost a mate to the beast.

Snowrey tried to hold back the way she felt for him when he got too close. To keep a distance and not bring her emotions into their relationship. But the way he treated her had surprised her. He was loving and tender towards her, always wanting her to be alright.

While every other dragon saw him as mean and heartless, a dragon who needed to die, she saw him in a different light.

His plans for the seven tribes weren't like anything she had ever seen. He wasn't planning to destroy the tribes, to become a tyrant.

He was planning to unify them. So there were no more wars, no more misunderstandings between the tribes, having all the tribes under one main ruler, but each tribe have their own leader of sorts. Those leaders of each tribe would report to Darkstalker for him to decide what to do.

But he knew that no one would listen to him when he was nice. They all thought that he was simply making them fall into a spell. An enchantment of a sort.

So he turned dark. Only letting certains close.

Which included Snowrey.

Dragged in she looked starved and helpless, which was exactly how she needed to look. She was one of the firsts to be 'imprisoned'. But after many visits, Darkstalker took a liking towards her, bringing her food and water occasionally and then bringing them whenever she had asked.

But one day was all it took. One day to make him realize what she was to him.

She had been thrashing in her chains for awhile then, pulling to free her aching and sore self. She felt like she was going crazy. The caves were small and felt cramped, and the heat was starting to get to her.

She saw a dark shadow approach her and thinking it was Darkstalker she physically relaxed and sighed.

"Darkstalker! I'm sorry if I bothered you but..." She started to trail off when she realized that it wasn't Darkstalker, but a shadow instead. In its claws it held a whip like rope. But she couldn't figure out what it was exactly. She walked backwards a bit as the shadow approached her perilously, frightening her even more.

It got closer and undid the rope.

Snowrey's eyes widened in fear, yanking against the chains to get as far away from it as possible.

Just as the shadow pulled back and brought the whip down, she put her wings over her head, flat against the wall with the chains digging into her scales.

Each lash was worse than the last. One after another her blue blood spilled over the stone ground as her wing membranes were being ripped apart like paper.

Then she felt nothing, the shadow had stopped.

She gingerly moved her wings so she could see, pain flooding her veins as she struggled to keep her eyes open. Her wings were shredded, tears slipping down her pale scales.

Darkstalker was killing the shadow, making it disappear before their eyes.

He whipped his head around to look at Snowrey, only making her to duck her head again but look through a small hole in her wing.

Darkstalker approached her and she shrieked.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't do it again!" By now she was screaming and sobbing.

Her eyes were closed tightly as she heard him approach her.

But she felt the chains come off of her.

Shaking with fear she opened her eyes slightly. Darkstalker was farther away with a look of worry on his face.
His head was down slightly as we're his wings. To show that he was harmless.

Snowrey remained against the wall in a pool of her own blood. Her wings stung whenever she tried to move.

"Snowrey." He said softly. He kept his head and wings low as he took a few steps towards her.

"It's okay. Don't be afraid. Please." He added the last part softly as he continued walking towards her.

Snowrey shrank back in fear and a look of hurt went through his eyes. He masked his hurt and sat in front of her.

He locked eyes with her and strangely, she calmed down a bit.

She lowered her wings painfully and sat upright.

Darkstalker gingerly reached out his talons and grazed them over her wings, not breaking eye contact with her.

Slowly her wings mended back together and the blood disappeared from beneath her.

He raised his head slowly so he was standing over her. "I'm sorry Snowrey. It wasn't me. Those shadows have a mind of their own. I can only create them. I still haven't perfected them." He explained slowly.

Snowrey looked up at him. Before either could speak, Snowrey had moved and curled into his chest.

Darkstalker was so startled that he didn't move for a few seconds. He didn't know what to do.

After a few awkward moments he wrapped his wings around her. He lowered his head over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Now she layed still planning. But with a new obstacle in the way she didn't know how to finish out the mission. There was no doubt that she loved him and vice versa. But if he found out then it would ruin her plan. He had already told her that she would be a great ruler along side him. And the small nightwing would be their heir.

But Snowrey refused to except Moonwatcher as a daughter.

If Snowrey was to 'save' Pyrrhia then she would do it her own way.

She was betraying the Peace Bringers. She was going to help Darkstalker, but in her own way. She knew the side she was on. She had known for a while.

But in the way that the bearer of an egg of the most powerful dragon in Pyrrhia would.