Our Happily Ever After (Wayo)

"Explain to me again why it has to be at our house?" I hear Pôr whine.

"Because it's our turn babe. I told you this before." Daddy says again.

"But they're so awful. I don't want them to come here. Tell them it was cancelled." He demands crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not going to do that. You keep putting this off and the others are getting angry. Fair is fair." Daddy chides.

"But, but, they're going to mess up our house." He complains.

"Whoa, wait just a minute. Why was it OK to have your friends party and trash our house but not yours?" P'Pha asks his dad.

"First, your house is way smaller than ours so that's less to clean up. We can thank Mr. Ego maniac over there for this big ass house." Pôr says waving towards daddy.

"Oh as if you clean it anyway. We have staff for that!" Daddy responds.

Pôr  scowls at him like he's debating whether to scratch his eyes out or punch him in the face.

"Plus, because we live in this big ass house in the middle of nowhere..."

"I wouldn't exactly call Bangkok the middle of nowhere." Daddy interrupts and this time does get punched.

When my dad falls Pôr climbs on top of him and holds him down placing his hand soundly over my father's mouth.

"What I mean is we that have no neighbors so no one will call the police to stop the party. They'll never leave! They stayed for three days the last time!" He explains.

"There is that, but what can we do? It's our turn." Daddy says after removing the hand from his mouth and sitting up.

"I blame you." Pôr says walking off.

"Wait, Phi. Come on!" Daddy says following after him.

"He has a point, I would hate the thought of cleaning this place afterwards." P'Pha says pulling me into a hug.

"My dad has a point too though, we have servants who clean." I defend.

"So that makes it alright to allow people over that you know are going to trash your house?" He asks in disbelief.

"No, but he doesn't have to sound like he's the one who's going to be put out either." I argue.

P'Pha gives me a look I've never seen before. He's glaring at me and I think his eye just twitched. I think he's angry with me.

"Pôr ." He calls out as he walks away from me.

I follow P'Pha to our parents' room where our dads are arguing. They both turn to look at him.

"Let's go." He says addressing his father.

Pôr nods and walks past my dad, then they both walk past me without a word.

"What just happened?" My dad asks.

"I have no idea but I think they're mad at us." I reply.

"Oh well that's nothing new. Phichit's always mad at me." Daddy says casually.

"But it's new for me. P'Pha's never mad at me." I say feeling upset.

I pull out my phone and start spamming him with I'm sorrys and then sit and stare at my phone waiting for a response.

"Um son, let's try not to look so utterly pathetic alright? He'll get over it and then you'll make up." Daddy says squeezing my shoulder.

"Let's go, the crowd is almost here and we need to start locking doors." He says leading me through the house.