Surprise (Phana)

We spend the next two days doing nothing. We just stay at home and talk. He tells me all about his five years in Europe including the fact that he's now a doctor.

He told me about finding my application packet and how his entire office helped him plan this thing out. He told me about the six months he needed to prepare for this and how he was incredibly nervous about coming but he was determined to be with me and thought this would be the only way.

He also told me about his high school days and how he and Ming stalked me, which I found funny since I did the same thing in college.  Well technically Beam and Kit did the stalking but still it's basically the same thing.  Then he asked question after question about my life.

I told him about my last five years working as a surgeon. I told him about how I looked for him too and how I kept hoping he would somehow come back into my life. I told him about how much I missed him and how I was never in a relationship because of that.

We also had lots and lots of sex.

I just can't get enough of him. He's like a drug. I don't just mean sexually either. I find I have to touch him in some way. I have to be able to see or hear him. I just want to be near him all of the time. It's probably because a small part of me is still afraid that he'll go away.

Today will be our first day going out. I'm taking him to the house. I hope he likes it. It seems strange, I just told him to unpack and now I'll have him repack so we can move.

He seems really excited about our outing. He's fidgeting in the seat beside me. I reach over and grab his hand and he instantly stills.

"So where are we going?" He asks.

"I told you it's a surprise." He tell him.

"I know, I know. So where?" He asks again.

"Did you think I would fall for that?" I ask glancing at him.

"No. Of course not." He says with a snort.

"So where?"

"WAYO!" I yell.

"What? I was just making conversation. Geez P'Pha. Talk about over reacting." He complains.

"Now. Where are we going?" He asks innocently.

"Dammit Yo, I will turn this car around and you won't find out until tomorrow if you keep this up." I tell him.

Empty threat. I know it, but what's worse is that he knows it.

He never stopped asking. It was a long thirty minutes and for the first time in a week I wish I had some tape.

We pull into the drive and up to the house.

"This is where we're going? Who lives here? Why couldn't you tell me? Why is this the surprise?" He rattles off.

Oh what I would give for four inches of duct tape right now.

"Can you stop talking for like five minutes?" I beg.

He stops talking. So quickly in fact that I turn to look at him. The expression on his face tells me that there probably won't be any talking until I apologize. Sooo...do I apologize or enjoy the silence for a little while?

As I'm pondering he's getting angrier as he now has crossed his arms and has developed a glare on his face. That's when I decide that my sex life might take a hit if I keep this up.

"Yo, baby, I'm sorry. It's just that I want this to be a surprise but you keep trying to ruin it. I've been putting this together quite some time." I say.