What the Hell? (Wayo)

"Daddy?" I call out to the man standing in the doorway.

"Hey baby boy. What are you boys doing here?" He asks like the fact that he is here isn't strange.

"Well, this is our house." P'Pha states.

"Yes. It's very nice too. I had a walk through over the weekend." He says casually.

"What? How did you even get in?" P'Pha demands.

"I have a key." My dad answers holding up a key.

P'Pha simply lets out a laugh of disbelief and walks into the kitchen. He's in there for a second before he comes storming back in.

"Where is all of our stuff!!!" He screams.

"Even the damn plates are gone!" He continues.

"Oh yeah. It was all wrong. Besides you needed new furniture." My dad replies.

"IT WAS ALL NEW!" P'Pha yells.

"I can't even sit down because you took my fucking favorite chair you..." He stops when he see realizes he's speaking to my dad.

My dad's gaze doesn't falter as he waits for P'Pha to finish his thought. Instead he walks past my dad and into the yard.

"What are you doing?" I ask once P'Pha is out of sight.

"What do you mean? I'm furnishing a house. It was supposed to be a surprise." He says innocently.

"Oh no, don't think that I don't know what's going on right now daddy.  You're having a pissing match with P'Pha and you know it. You should never have come here before we invited you and you really shouldn't have swapped the furniture." I scold.

My dad sits there unrepentant. He simply shrugs and walks past me to the movers. Wow I can't believe it.

I leave the house in a huff and make my way to P'Pha. He's sitting at the stream with his head in his hands. I debate if I should go comfort him but then I realize, he is my husband and that is my responsibility, even though it's my father's fault.

"P'Pha. I'm so sorry about daddy." I say once I'm standing in front of him.

He reaches his arms out and winds them around my waist. He pulls me close so that he can rest his head against me.

"It was perfect you know. I was meticulous about what I chose. Some things I had to have specially made and he just threw them away." He says through his tears of frustration.

"I know he's your dad but he was wrong. He shouldn't have done this." He continues.

"I know." Is all that I can say.

"Let's go home. I don't want to be here anymore." He says as he stands up.

He won't look at me. He simply looks at the ground while we walk to the car.

"P'Pha." I call softly.

"I don't blame you. I know it's not your fault. Can we just go?" He says sounding defeated.

That's it. I yank my hand away from his and march back into the house.

"DADDY! Put all of the old stuff back!" I yell.

He walks out and looks at me with a blank expression.

"Sorry Yo but all of that stuff is gone." He says.

"Daddy! You had no right! Why would you do this? P'Pha is really upset right now. And that makes me upset. At the very least you better find that damn chair and have it back in this house tonight. Do you understand me?" I say angrily.