A Day at the Hospital (Wayo)

"What is going on here?!" A voice booms out.

I look at the door and immediately recognize the man standing there. How could I not? He looks exactly like my husband, only twenty years older. On a positive note, my P'Pha will still be incredibly handsome when he gets older.

He strides into the cafeteria purposefully. I actually feel bad for those nurses. You know what, no I don't. Off with their heads!

"We are in a hospital ladies. The hospital which you are employed at. At what moment did you think this behavior was acceptable?" He asks.

The two nurses refuse to make eye contact with him. I don't blame them. He's kind of scary. Subconsciously I reach over and grab P'Pha's shirt and twist it in my hands. I notice him look down at it then smile.

"The director's office now ladies." He tells them.

Wow it's almost like being at school. They were naughty and have to go to the principal's office.  Ha-ha, that's what you get for being stupid.

Dr. Kongthanin now turns his sights on us. His eyes flick to the table then back up to us. He walks to the table and snatches the pot.

"Since there's no winner for the fight, I call a draw. I'll take the winnings." I stare stupidly at him and looking to my left I can see I'm not the only one.

"Anyone have a problem with that? Boys?" He asks looking at P'Kit and P'Beam who shake their heads no.

"Yo?" He asks looking at me.

He knows who I am? I've never met him. Then again if he's been to the apartment he would have seen the pictures of me. That must be it.

I smile and offer a wai to him before he pulls me to him and hugs me so tightly that I squeak.

"How is my son-in-law doing today?" He asks pulling away from me.

"Huh? You know who I am?" I ask stupidly.

"Of course I do. Have you been to my son's house?" He asks playfully.

"I live there." I say shyly.

"I know son. So are you OK?" He asks again.

"I'm fine now that it's over." I admit.

"Did those two ladies upset you?" He asks looking concerned.

"A little bit, but I know how popular P'Pha was in college. It's only to be expected that he would be just as popular here." I admit

"Pha's actually been pretty good about staying out of the limelight lately. I think it's his sudden reappearance that has caused this stir." His dad says thoughtfully.

"Wait. I'm confused. What's going on here?" P'Pha asks.

"Yeah, I'd like to know that too." P'Kit says from behind me.

"Oh Beam and Kit, you don't know what's going on? Didn't Pha tell you that he had gotten married?" His dad asks innocently.

"No we knew, although he's not the one that told us." P'Kit says with a scowl.

"We just didn't think that you knew." P'Beam says.

"How would I not know? Ruang Sak and I went to school together. As a matter of fact I knew about Yo's coming back before Pha did." He says with a smile.

"You what!?" We all shout.

"Parents talk." He says like we're idiots.

"Beam and Kit, I'm friend's with your parents too. There's very little that I don't know about all of you boys." He says pointing to each of us.