Blissfully Ordinary (Wayo)

I look in the mirror and make sure I look presentable. Today is my first official day of work.  After a month of renovating, my office is finally ready.  My staff and I have already been to the clinic and set things up.  We even have appointments made for today, although only a few.  That's OK though since most of my day will be in the lab making things.

"Muahahaha" I cackle out rubbing my hands together and pretending to be a mad scientist.

"You alright babe?" P'Pha says walking behind me.

I jump just a bit because I didn't hear him come in.  He chuckles as he ruffles my hair.

"P'PHA! My hair!" I yell smoothing it down.

He laughs harder pulling me into his arms.

"If you want I can mess up more than your hair." He whispers seductively.

"But we just did it like thirty minutes ago." I stutter out.

It doesn't help that he's so freakin sexy.  He's staring at me looking all yummy.  And really what would it hurt if I was just a little late? I am the boss after all. I turn and look at him biting my lip as  I start tugging on my tie taking it off.

"Really? Hell yeah!" He says as he practically attacks me.

He was apparently feeling a bit frisky since we ended up doing it twice.  There's no questioning my husband's stamina that's for sure.

"Are you going to be late for work?" I ask as we drive in.

A bit late to be worried about that but I'm trying to be considerate.

"Nope I already told them I would be late.  I wanted to be there with you when you opened the doors." He explains.

"Aw really? You're the best. Do you know that?" I gush.

"No babe.  I just love you.  I wouldn't do this for just anyone." He tells me and I can feel my cheeks heat up.

"Watch those cheeks if you plan on making it there." He warns.

"P'Pha! Haven't we done it enough?" I ask feeling completely shocked.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" he mocks.

"Sorry.  I forgot who I was talking to for a minute there." I reply.

We pull into the hospital parking lot and he pulls into his space.  At first I'm confused but then I remember my building is two blocks from the hospital.

"Ready?" He asks taking my hand.

"Yes." I say confidently.

I take a deep breath and blow it out quickly.  He smiles at me and my brain goes blank.  Just what does he think he's doing being all charming right now?  Doesn't he know that I have to be able to do things like walk and possibly make coherent sentences?

He tugs my hand and I follow him to the elevators.  We exit through the main floor of the hospital. Although I try to pull my hand free he refuses. I know that he's not embarrassed but he's a prominent doctor here, image means a lot in a place like this.

By now most people know that we're together but that doesn't stop the nasty looks.  Some of disapproval and some of jealousy. All I know is that these women are scary so  I scoot a little closer to him just in case.

We walk out and head to my clinic.  The sun is shining and the sky is crystal clear.  I can't imagine a better day. We come to the clinic and walk in.  It looks great.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  I turn to see that everyone is here for the unlocking of the doors.