Chapter 10

Previously in The Next Victim.

Rachel:"What's wrong Sara?"
Sara:"When I went to get the laptop from the living room a black hand grabbed my foot from under the couch.

Sara:"Mum where were you?"
Mum:"I was working late in the office."
Rachel:"But, Matthew and Bill were the last yo leave. When they left there was no one else there."
Mum:"Oh..look at the time you girls should go to bed now."

Unknown:"No matter what you have to go to see Mrs. Sylvia tomorrow. Because the 21st of July is coming soon.
Sara:"Okay. I see her tomorrow."

Unknown POV.
' tomorrow she is going. She'll be shock to see who the unknown person is.'

'The three of us sat down and ate breakfast while me and Rachel explain what's going on. We even showed them the unknown email.
Matthew:"Who are you carrying with you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My mother's words kept on repeating in my mind. I don't know. Maybe Matthew. As soon as I go to say Matthew's phone rang.

Ring!...Ring!...Ring!..

Matthew:"Hey dad?"
Mr. Logan:"Hey. I hate to ruin your day but my schedule is pretty tight and I have 2 important meeting one with Ms. Robert and one with Mr. Reed. Both on the same time. So I need you to go meet Mr.Reed in his office in New York. I would have asked Bill, but you know he is kind of not really into business. So can you go?"
Matthew:"Sure dad. I'll go. I'll asked Bill to come along in case. Bye."
Mr. Logan:"Thank you son. Goodbye."

Beep.. beep.. beep

"Hey guys sorry to disappoint but I gotta go to New York now. I'll be back tomorrow evening love." Matthew said. Great now what am I gonna do.
"Oh. Well Sara who are you going to carry with you?" Rachel asked me. I raised my shoulders meaning that I don't know.
"I don't know. I wish I can carry you, but I can't." Rachel looked confused and remember that she had to go and drop lunch for her mother.
"Oh yeah. I have to drop lunch for mum."
"Hmmm. Matthew did dad say the both of us had to go to New York?" Bill asked Matthew.
"No. He said said that you don't have to come, but just in case you know I thought you could come. Why love?" Matthew asked Bill.
"Well I'll go with Sara. Since I know most of the way around." Bill said.
"Okay. Thank you." I said to Bill.
After an hour we all left our separate ways.
I was in Bill's car and we were on our way.
"So have you seen this Sylvia lady before?" I asked Bill breaking the awkward silence.
"No actually. No one ever sees her. They say that the last time she was ever out was in 1970. No one knows why." He replied. He had on his black shades. And so did I.
"Maybe you can ask her when we get there." I said to him. He looked at me and smiled.
"They also said that she knows the future. It's an gift she was born with." He told me.
"That's great. Maybe we can have our fortune read." We both started laughing. He turned on the radio and my favourite song was on. Me, myself and I by Bebe Rexha and G-Eazy.
"This song is mine and Matthew's favorite." He said.
"Really. It's mine and Rachel's favorite to." He looked at me then smiled.
"Well looks like we got that in common." I laughed.
After about a few minutes we reached. The house looks haunted. It was a mansion. An old mansion.
"Let's go in my lady." I smiled as Bill open the door for me.
We knock on the door and a young maid I guess who looks like in her early twenties came to us.
"Can I help you?" She asked and polite.
"Uhmmm yes. We are looking for Mrs. Sylvia." She smiled and opened the door wide for us to come in. I realised that her dress is way short like half her thigh.
"She's been waiting for you. Follow me. I'm Katherine by the way." She said then left. I heard Bill whispered.
"This doesn't seem bad." Then wolf whistle. I hit him with my elbow in his arm.
"What?" He said.
"Nothing." I replied. Then we followed the girl. She opened a old door and we followed inside.
"Thank you Katherine. You may leave now." Katherine nod her head and closed the door.
"Come in Sara. I've been waiting for you. Seems like you bought the right person. Your future husband." Mine and Bill's mouth drop when she said that.
"Excuse me..lady you should know that.." She cut of Bill from speaking.
"You 2 aren't dating. Is that what you're trying to say Bill Logan?" Okay I'm getting scared now.
"Mrs. Sylvia..I came to seek your help. What is going on? And there is an weird person that is sending emails about the house. Why does everything strange thing have to do with me? What did I do wrong!?" I yelled the last part.
"Calm down Sara. Everything is not with you but the person who is brave. The person who wears the necklace." I remember my mom (Jemma) saying that.
"What does this necklace have to do with whats going on with me?" I asked her.
"Everything. That is the main cause of what is going on. It is also the main cause of all the deaths that happen in that house. Every year I tried warning people who stays there about the 21st of July. But of course no one ever pays attention. They laugh it out. But you my dear, there is still time to help you, before you.." She stopped talk.
"Before I what?" I asked her. Stepping closer to her. And Bill right behind me.
"Before you burn in fire for eternity." She said.
"Alright take it easy lady. I don't know what scam you're trying to prove but it won't work." Bill speak out.
"No need to worry. If you don't do what I say you must do, be like the rest." She said. But before she could continue, the lights began switching on and off for about 10 times. Then it stop as Mrs. Sylvia raised her hand. The light bulbs burst and splattered. Bill hugged me like he's an shield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and comment. Who do you think make a good couple? I'll leave it for you to decide. Lol. ✌✌✌✌✌