Chapter 5

As I went near the cupboard I slowly pulled it open but surprisingly it was empty.

'bang!'

Then the door behind me shot closed.
I screamed and suddenly my flashlight went dead.
"No! Noo! Not now!" I screamed hitting the flashlight in my hands.
"Hello Sara hope nice to see you again." I heard a scary heavy evil voice behind me. I can feel the coldness of its breath in my neck. I slowly turned my head and screamed.
"Ahhh!! Help!" I screamed then the ting lifted me of the ground and flung me hitting the bottom stairs. I landed back and head first. Luckily all I got was a burst lip. I groan in pain. As I continue shouting.
"Help!!" I started sobbing. Then something grabbed my shoulder.
"Ahhh!" I screamed scared.
"Sara! It's okay. It's me!" Rachel said hugging me like an little girl.
"Rachel?" I said hugging back.

In the living room.
"Sara I think that you need to see an doctor." Rachel said to me not believing me at what happen, while she see to my burst lip.
"Rachel I don't need an doctor. I need you to believe me!" I yelled in a crying way.
"Look I think that the necklace mom give you ideas changing you. If you want I'll hold on with it for you." She said. But at the same time we heard a knock on the door.
"It must be mum since it's after 6 already." Rachel said to me.
"I go check stay here." She told me and I nodded.
Rachel opened the door and she didn't say anything.
"Rachel! Who is it!?"  I yelled. I heard the door closed and then she came back in the living room.
"That's weird. I went and open the door but there was no one. Not even a letter or mail or something." She told me.

Bling! you've got message!

We heard our laptop message tone. Meaning we've got email.
Rachel bought the laptop from the side of the table by the end of the couch set. She sat next to me and open the email.
I read it out aloud.

"Don't worry who is this, and how I got your email address. The point is that you're in terrible danger Sara Carter. That necklace you have on is cursed. Don't believe me, haven't you been seeing and experiencing things. It's because that necklace you have on, you was not supposed to put it on in an haunted house. But you did. And yes that house you, your sister Rachel and mother Jemma are living in is haunted. Still don't believe me.. check out the attic. In a old dusty wooden treasure chest you'll find a book..That name is 'secrets' read it you'll see.

Until next time,
Unknown.

At the end me and Rachel looked at each other.
"What the hell!?" Rachel shouted.
"I'll send a reply." I told her.
"No! We'll inform mom and she'll inform the police." I shake my head saying no.
"Wait lets check the attic. If we find that book them we surely know it's real." I suggested.
"Fine! I'm carrying this laptop." She said.
"Wait! What time is it?" I asked Rachel.
"It's 6:30. Why?" She asked. I gave her and confused look.
"What!?" She said.
"Mom.. hasn't return home yet." I said. She raised an shoulder.
"I don't know Sai, lets call her." Rachel said to me.

Ring!..Ring!..Ring!..

We rang another couple times before giving up.
"Where is she?" I asked, turning to Rachel.
"I left her a few voice mail and messages. We tried but still no answer. Where could she be?" Then as I was going through my phone. And remembered that Matthew and Bill gave us their phone numbers.
"Rae remember Matthew and Bill gave us their phone numbers? Maybe they're still there we can call them and find out about mom." I told her.
"Good idea let's call them and see where on earth she's are." I nodded.
After about 2 rings Matthew plucked up.

Matthew:"Hello?"
Sara:"Hi Matthew this is Sara."
Matthew:"Oh hi. It's everything okay? You sound worried."
Sara:"Well actually my mother...Mrs Jemma Brown. She was supposed to finish work at 6 and now it's nearly 7. So I'm wondering if you know if she is working late or something?"
Matthew:"Uhmmm.. I'll check. Hang on."
Sara:"Thanks."
Matthew:"Uhmmm..sorry actually everyone left about nearly an hour ago. Including your mom."
Sara:"Oh. But how isn't she home yet?"
Matthew:"Tell you what. Send me your address and me and my brother Bill will drive around and check for her. If we find her I'll call and let you all know and probably give her an lift home okay?"
Sara:"Yes, please.Thank you so much.. I'll send you the address."
Matthew:"Thanks? Really? That's nothing. I'll call you in a while or probably visit you and your sister."
Sara:"Okay.."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I texted Matthew the address and told Rachel what he said.
"Wait! So you just gave him the address? For all I know they could kidnapped mum and trick us and end up murdering us."
"Rae it's okay..I just feel that can trust them. It's okay.. Besides that's the risk we have to take.Anything for mum."
She sign and finally give in.
We waited until I remember the book.
"Rae while we wait let's go to the attic." She looked confused. Suddenly it started to rain. It was worst than a storm. Lighting and thunder. Then the lights went off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and comment. This is so coming up to heated.