xxxvi

mark focus

                    ➶

09:12 || 9:12 a.m.

as the days of the week went by, mark was seeing how much donghyuck was improving.

he still came out quite shaken up from being inside a hospital for an entire hour, but in terms of weight and eating properly, he was doing amazing.

not only was donghyuck gaining a normal amount of weight and slowly eating more and more small things around mark, but he was just simply happier.

he seemed so much brighter, and of course mark was living for it.

he remembered when he first found out about donghyuck's condition, how afraid he was about it.

but now, his lover was making a slow yet definite recovery. how the hospitals did it, mark had no idea. but he would forever be grateful for making the decision to have him do his medical program.

currently, mark was making breakfast for both him and his boyfriend, while said male was upstairs taking a shower.

it was friday, and today both boys were planning on doing nothing the entire day until the afternoon, where they would go the beach with their friends like they've promised on monday.

mark was more ecstatic than donghyuck even knew about.

today was his surprise party, and the older managed to successfully hide it from him the entire week.

and the huge smile on his face as he served the pancakes on two plates made donghyuck raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"why so smiley today?" the shorter asked as he walked into the kitchen without mark being able to see him.

said boy only shook his head and smiled wider, walking towards his boyfriend and picking him swiftly off his feet.

"hey!" donghyuck giggled. "put me down!"

mark obeyed, setting him down on the empty part of his countertop and capturing his lips in a loving kiss.

donghyuck wrapped his arms around mark's neck and pulled him in closer towards himself, never getting tired of that boy's lips on his.

they pulled away for air, the older keeping his hands on his lover's hips as they gazed into each others' eyes with nothing but admiration and affection.

"pancakes?" mark asked with a dazed voice, eyes never leaving donghyuck's.

"sure." the younger simply replied. mark nodded and grabbed the two pancakes he placed on a plate a moment earlier, sliding it over to donghyuck.

the younger thanked mark and slowly took his small bites, the older now smiling like an idiot again because he was seeing his baby eat.

the two talked whilst they ate, cleaning up together and heading back up to mark's room just to chill out.

--

17:59 || 6:59 p.m.

after a day of just watching random shit on tv, laughing, rolling around in bed just kissing, mark and donghyuck were finally getting ready for the beach.