xviii

mark focus

03:58 || 3:58 a.m.

mark couldn't really sleep.

after the night with donghyuck, the boy showered, dressed into nothing but sweatpants, and sat on his desk chair, looking out the window and watching the still pouring rain along with the occasional thunder and lighting strike.

he wondered about the latter.

he had forgotten on all the times they'd been together to ask for his number, which was stupid of him on his part.

how did he keep forgetting something so simple?

pondering in his head, he was interrupted when he heard obnoxiously loud laughing coming from the street in front of his house.

furrowing his eyebrows, he peered out his window and saw a dark figure stumbling around his front lawn.

he seemed to be laughing by himself, as mark saw nobody around him.

yet the person looked strikingly familiar to him.

same clothes, same wet and messy hair, same skinny body he'd seen just a few hours earlier.

donghyuck.

mark could see donghyuck muttering words to himself loudly, before he tripped over his own foot and fell onto the wet grass.

mark rushed downstairs and opened the front door, seeing donghyuck still there and not moving.

the boy walked into the rainy night shirtless, approaching donghyuck on the ground and kneeling next to him.

"donghyuck-"

"hiii mark~" the boy suddenly cooed, again being very very loud.

mark could smell the damn tequila on him, and it made his heart sink in worry.

"jesus donghyuck, what did you do?" he questioned as he carried donghyuck into his house and room, noticing how much he was bleeding from his nose and bottom lip.

the boy frowned, looking at mark with a sad pout.

"my dad hates me." he mumbled, as mark took his wet clothes off his body and dressed him into his own, dry clothing.

"come on. come here." mark told, walking the very much wasted donghyuck into his bathroom.

mark took some wipes and rubbing alcohol out from his bathroom cabinet, and the injured boy fell to the floor, being unable to hold himself up.

as mark picked him up yet again and cleaned him up on the sink, he was listening to everything donghyuck was blubbering about.

his father, how his father hit him and kicked him out the house for liking and being with another boy, how he managed to get an entire bottle of tequila in his system, and how he ended up on mark's lawn.

mark wiped the boy's tears while he talked, knowing donghyuck himself didn't know he was crying since he was too drunk to realize it.

mark, after cleaning up the blood on his face, noticed bruises forming on the sides of his temples and around his right eye.

the sober boy could only sigh. donghyuck was now homeless, though it was already obvious in his mind that he was going to stay with mark, hands down.

trying to soothe the boy to sleep, donghyuck suddenly spoke up again, lighting like a firework in a semi-second.

"mark! can i tell you about who i like?" he chirped, a sing-song tone in his voice.

interested, yet feeling his heart break a little, as he felt whoever the boy liked wasn't him, he said yes.

"yayy! okay, he has the softest skin ever i swear. the softest pillow hair anybody could ever feel. he's so cute and just loves loves loves to draw all the time. i even got him an art kit in secret because he likes it so much!"

mark stilled in his spot, cheeks burning and heart thumping out of his chest.

him.

donghyuck's talking about him.

"w-wait," he stuttered, "y-you got me that art kit?" mark asked silently, pulling the drunk boy closer to his chest.

"mhm! j-just don't tell mark though! he'll think i'm the huge fuck-up i already am." donghyuck whisper-yelled with his eyes closed, causing mark to giggle.

"so you're haechan, aren't you?"

"yeah. it's always been my nickname"

mark giggled again.

yeah, this boy was mark's one.

it was so clear in his heart, there was no doubt.

he had so much affection and love for the boy he was holding, it was crazy how one night could change how you feel about someone so much.

"i like you too, lee donghyuck." mark whispered, kissing said boy's cheek lightly.

that's when something came into mark's mind. he would be able to ask donghyuck was question right now, and because of his drunken state, he knew he boy would answer it honestly.

no, he can't take advantage of him in such a state right now. can he?

no, no it's not right.

but he's curious. curious and worried, that should be enough right?

well for the sober boy, it was enough.

mark cleared his throat, a shaky breath escaping his mouth as he found his words.

"hey, donghyuck?"

"hmm?" he hummed, already half asleep on mark's chest.

"w-why... why are you so skinny?"

"oh! because i'm a bulimic, mark~"

--
thank you for the read!
x, áltura. 🦋