iii

mark focus

09:57 || 9:57 a.m.

mark entered his class along with his usual friend, jaemin. he sat in the back row, one earphone dangling out of his ear while the other one wasn't.

the 'mean glares' he makes aren't intentional. he just can't help it, it's simply his resting face.

so as he scans at the students around him while jaemin's to his right, his cold eyes soften as he rests his gaze on the boy next to him.

chocolate brown eyes. an innocent face. a nice smile. soft and shiny hair. a mysterious personality.

lee donghyuck.

mark's known about him for a while, he just never showed it. mark isn't really that great with showing his emotions.

he's always thought donghyuck was stunning. if he didn't have his antisocial personality, he would've started to chat with him about literally anything.

but, no.

there he is, sitting next to him without saying a word to him. yet he didn't have to; his eyes said it all for jaemin who was watching mark the whole time.

"awe. look at you catching feelings." jaemin cooed, a slight smirk spreading across his face.

mark immediately smacked his arm, which caused the younger to wince and hold his arm with pain.

"shut up." he responded harshly.

"you're not wrong though." mark inaudibly whispered to himself, looking down at his fingers on the table.

out of the corner of his eye, he saw donghyuck rest his head down on the desk when the teacher finally started the class.

only, his head never came back up.

mark guessed he fell asleep. but then again, who wouldn't? most math is boring and useless anyway.

the bell rung forty five minutes later, and it sent donghyuck shooting up from his spot on his desk. his hands immediately gripped onto the sides of his head so harshly that mark could see his donghyuck's fingers digging roughly into his scalp.

donghyuck rocked himself back and forth with subtle movements, his eyes shut as small whimpers left his mouth whilst everybody poured out of the classroom.

mark was confused. it seemed as if the boy on his left needed help, but he didn't move at all. the other students in class packed up their things and left, leaving only jaemin, mark, and donghyuck in that classroom together.

mark watched out of the corner of his eye as donghyuck quickly slug his backpack over his shoulder and rushed out of the room as if nothing had just happened, still holding his head.

"i've literally never seen something like that happen to a person before." jaemin murmured as he walked out with mark, not too long after donghyuck. "i haven't either." mark responded quietly. he wanted to know what exactly happened to donghyuck.

was he okay? did he need help right now? where did he go?

his thoughts were interrupted by seeing a cheerful jeno run up towards jaemin and embrace him in a hug.

mark just always had to be the third wheel.

"you two are disgustingly cute." he mumbled, rolling his eyes as he watched the couple start to chat away about random topics.

"seriously, where's chenle or something?" he whispered to himself, his earphones on full blast while he walked next to the two boys who weren't acknowledging him at all. he had a free period next, so he planned on going to get lunch at a food court near the high school since all he had to eat earlier was a granola bar.

bidding goodbye to jaemin and jeno, he left. earphones in. his playlist on. the boy then walked off campus and towards the open food court.

--
thank you for the read!
xoxo, áltura. 🌴