xxxiii

donghyuck focus

19:22 || 7:22 p.m.

one long day at the hospital later, which included more blood tests and vital checking, donghyuck was finally discharged and let free.

well, until tomorrow.

mark had his lover in a piggyback position, not letting him do anything by himself because he was afraid of overworking donghyuck's weakened heart.

their friends trailed behind them, still quite tense because of everything that happened, but trying to bring the mood up with their usual stupid jokes.

all boys ended up agreeing on going to an ice cream shop on foot.

but of course, donghyuck wasn't allowed to let himself walk, and mark carried him the whole way there.

it's not like the boy weighed much anyway.

"alright you peep-holes~" jisung chirped as they all walked into the slightly colder shop.

though there was a nice sunset present outside, the heat was still pretty bad, and the inside of the shop wrapped a cool layer of air around the clique of friends.

"i'm going first!" chenle cheered happily, mark catching renjun's smile at his boyfriend's cute behavior.

the two went first, and then went jaemin, jeno, and jisung.

"do you want anything?" mark asked donghyuck quietly, knowing the boy was uncomfortable with eating around other people.

needles to say, his response wasn't  what mark was expecting.

"let's get vanilla together, if that sounds good to you."

mark's heart jumped from the happiness coursing in his heart. he was thrilled with his lover's reply.

"of course." mark smiled, donghyuck still on his back the whole time they ordered and received their ice cream.

while everybody got theirs in a cone, mark and donghyuck go their own with a white container decorated with the shop's logo.

all the boys found a nice spot to sit at, and simply talked amongst one another to lighten the tension.

"hyuck, what's better, the public pool or the beach?" jeno asked, bickering with jisung about which was better and decided to settle it with a vote by all the people in their table.

"hmm..." the younger thought, taking a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

though he was a nervous wreck on the inside for eating around people, he refused to show it.

he was tired.

and he wasn't letting bulimia take control over his life any longer.

besides, who can't resist some good ass ice cream?

mark suddenly squealed, bringing donghyuck into a tight embrace.