xxx

mark focus

20:44 || 8:44 p.m

mark never let his body leave donghyuck's.

wether it was his fingers, waist, shoulder, or arm, he always had at least one hand on him.

they were the last ones to be dropped off out of all their friends in an excruciatingly long taxi ride home.

the younger was cuddled up on mark's lap and mark had his head on top of donghyuck's, obvious that both were extremely tired.

just as mark was about to pass out from lack of sleep, the taxi arrived in front of their home.

and the older realized donghyuck had actually fallen asleep.

mark opened the car door, and a cold breeze layered over the couple. the older quickly wrapped his body around donghyuck to keep him warm as he got out of the car with his lover in his arms.

thanking the driver and paying him with one hand, mark watched as he drove off into the night.

though it wasn't that late, the pair were exhausted.

the older reached into his pocket for his keys and unlocked the door, opening up his dark house.

there was total silence inside as mark slowly closed the door with his leg, careful as he made his way up to his room because he didn't want to awaken his lover.

the taller rested donghyuck down on his bed, hearing his soft breathing.

mark smiled, leaning down and giving donghyuck a quick peck on the lips before taking his clothes off and dressing into his pajamas.

taking another look at his lover, the older decided to strip off the denim jeans he was still wearing, leaving him in his boxers and just that old rock band t-shirt.

thankfully, he didn't wake up through it.

mark walked into the bathroom and splashed water on his face, his system relaxing and winding down from the quietness.

he climbed into his bed next to his boyfriend and pulled him close towards his body.

yet there was something off about about donghyuck.

first off, he was sweating bullets, but his body was really, really cold.

mark touched his forehead, which was damp but freezing at the same time.

he touched his hands, which were a dead cold.

he touched his neck, which also had no warmth in it.

with worry lacing through him, mark rushed to turn on his lights, and what he ended up seeing made him freeze.

donghyuck's vibrant tan skin was turning a heavy blue. his lips were pale, his body just looked completely lifeless.

that's when he realized he wasn't hearing his lover's soft breathing anymore.

the horrific reality washed over mark as he also realized that donghyuck hadn't fallen asleep like he once thought.