xxxi

donghyuck focus

??:?? || ??:??

donghyuck woke up peacefully in his room, an overwhelming feelings of happiness swelling in his heart.

he slowly got up and took a warm, relaxing shower, the quietness of the setting bringing nostalgia.

the boy dressed into ripped denim jeans and a white tank top, too busy indulging in the beautiful day to notice how skinny he was.

tying up his shoes, donghyuck ruffled his damp hair and walked down the stairs of the home where he grew up in.

"goodmorning, sweetheart." a soothing voice called out towards the boy.

his mother, nari.

"morning, mom." donghyuck smiled, earning a kiss on the forehead by his loved one.

it felt so natural for donghyuck to have his mother with him.

almost as if she never was in prison.

the boy never questioned if this was a dream or not, because he feared the answer.

so, he never asked. and he doesn't plan on asking any time soon.

"what do you feel like doing today, my baby boy?" nari cooed as she served him breakfast.

the words 'baby boy' coming out her mouth were indeed soothing, but they sounded like they were meant to be said to him by somebody else, not his mother.

donghyuck shrugged, the feeling of happiness and peace still swelling in his heart.

"whatever you feel like doing." the boy smiled, his mother kissing his forehead lovingly.

and so, donghyuck spent many fun days with his mother.

how many, he didn't know.

donghyuck never seemed to sleep during these days.

it darkened outside, but he never slept nor was he ever sleepy.

instead, he spent these days, or time, or whatever they were, out with his mother.

they went to the beach.

they went out to eat.

they went out bowling and to nice arcades.

they seemed to have spent a lifetime together.

it was an actual paradise for the boy.

and if it was some sort of dream, donghyuck never wanted to wake up from it.

that was, until a certain point of time when his mother sat down with him on his bed during a late night.

and on this night, donghyuck was actually very tired, feeling like he hadn't gotten sleep in years.

"my beautiful boy, our time has been lovely," donghyuck's mother smiled, "but it's time for you to go back."

a face of plain confusion was plastered on said boy's face.

"our time? what does that mean? and, go back to where?" donghyuck questioned, the only response getting back from his mother being a big hug.

"you'll find out tomorrow. he really, really, needs you, baby." nari whispered, placing the last of her comforting kisses on her son's cheek.

"he? who's that? what about tomorr-" "shhh," donghyuck's mother hushed "go to sleep. and always remember, i love you with all my heart." she smiled, watching her son not question it anymore as sleep now definitely overtook his body when he mumbled an 'okay' and practically knocked out on his bed.

but little did the boy know, it would be the last time he got to see his mother and that world he was living in, before waking up to a completely different one.

--
i'm in so much physical pain i literally don't know what to do with myself anymore
thank you for the read!
áltura. 🏳️‍🌈