xv

mark focus

14:51 || 2:51 p.m.

mark hated one thing the most in this entire world.

crying.

mark hated crying.

especially over things he shouldn't give a fuck about.

just like mother's day.

although mark had his own mother, he barely saw her. he never had the chance to celebrate things like that with her, or his father.

the usual on days like this? the poor boy spent it in a mute mood, being a completely different and silent person.

his friends knew of this well, which is why none of them tried to lift him out of his trance.

it never worked anyway.

instead, they provided as much comfort they could, even though mark doesn't like to be comforted.

it makes him feel vulnerable and weak, which is a side he never shows to anybody.

so, mark entered class in silent tears. he didn't want attention. he didn't want to do anything today, only coming today school because he'd have nothing to do at his house.

but now, his house started to seem like a better option.

after hearing his teacher's task of making a craft for mother's day, the waterworks started in mark's eyes again.

he wasn't going to 'craft' anything, and that was a fact he already knew.

construction papers, pencils, markers, and scissors were placed on every student's desk.

and then mark heard a certain someone's quiet protests.

mark knew that voice like the back of his hand. angelic, yet angry and hostile at the moment.

donghyuck.

mark titled his head up towards the other boy, watching him with intent eyes.

donghyuck was scowling at his teacher's back, visibly mad. and mark couldn't lie, it was kind of hot.

"you're not even gonna do anything anything today?" jaemin asked from next to mark, working on his own thing for his mother, which she was very lovely, mark would say.

"i'm not making shit today." mark bluntly said, loud enough for his teacher and people around him to hear him.

"language, mark!" his teacher exclaimed, walking over to his desk.

"why won't you make anything today?" he questioned quietly, leaving the other students to return to doing their own thing.

"because i don't feel like it." he told, rolling his eyes and sliding his supplies to jaemin with force.

"come on, mark. i'm sure your mother would really want you to make something for her." his teacher insisted, only pissing the boy off even more.

the teacher did a quick scan around the room, only to find donghyuck not doing a single thing either.

"donghyuck, get to work." he said, being careful with the distance he had with said boy because of what had happened the day prior.

"i'm not making anything." donghyuck sternly said, sighing as he moved everything away from him.

he glanced around the room to not see his teacher's stare and ended up right into mark's eyes.

mark gazed into him with nothing in his eyes but complete understanding, and it made donghyuck feel weird.

nobody could possibly understand donghyuck-- hell, he couldn't even understand himself sometimes.

he broke off the stare and messed with his hands, trying his best not to blow up at this teacher again.

how can he possibly not get the message that certain kids simply just don't have a mom?

"did i stutter? i'm not waiting all day, and i want a response now, before i get on the phone and call both of your parents myself."

donghyuck giggled. no, he laughed. he literally laughed, and sunk back in his chair with a smug smile on his face, yet broken eyes.

"go ahead. do it. right now. i want you too." donghyuck said, a very aggressive tone in his voice yet a very beautiful smile on his lips.

his teacher took notice of how he was slumped in his seat, signaling to him that it was the calmness before a big storm, so he let the boy be and turned his attention to mark.

"you. do you want me to get your parents on the phone?" he asked mark, fed up with the way his students were acting.

"yeah. good luck with that." mark mumbled, knowing clear in his head his parents wouldn't answer the phone for anything.

"don't use donghyuck's excuse just to get out of doing work, mark. at least be creative coming up with something else."

the moment those words came out of his teacher's mouth, mark could see donghyuck's eyes narrow in disgust.

"an excuse? oh, so you think this is a fucking excuse!?" donghyuck boomed. and like wind, silence fell upon the entire class.

all eyes were on the tanner boy.

"get it through your head, dipshit! i can't give my mom anything because i don't fucking have one anym-"

mark saw donghyuck literally bite his tongue before any other words rolled off it.

he looked like he was about to beat the life out of his own teacher.

and just like the last time, mark stepped in.

standing in between donghyuck and his paralyzed-in-place teacher, mark took said boy's hands into his own.

"let's just go home, yeah?" mark whispered ever so softly in donghyuck's ear. said boy could only nod slowly, fiery eyes staring holes through his ignorant teacher.

and with the quickness, both boys grabbed their bags and left the campus without warning, heading to mark's house yet again.

--
quick shoutout to one of my teachers who inspired this because he literally was this ignorant on a heavy topic like that.
thank you for the read!
xxx, áltura. 💭