x

mark focus

                    ➶

17:12 || 5:12 p.m.

mark had made it to his house.

with donghyuck, of course.

the boy ended up crying himself to sleep in mark's arms within the timespan of the thirty minutes they sat on the bathroom floor.

mark had carried a heavily sleeping donghyuck on his back the whole way he walked to his home. donghyuck's body was surprisingly light, to mark's discovery.

almost too light.

yet he decided to shrug it off.

the once crying boy was now asleep on mark's bed. he looked peaceful, considering everything that had just happened with him.

what mark was asking was why.

why did he break down like that?

what caused him to break down like that?

mark had endless questions, but right now, he was laying right next to donghyuck, his sketchpad and a pencil on his lap.

he used one hand to run through his fingers through donghyuck's incredibly soft, hazel brown hair whilst the other one was used to draw freely on the blank paper he was using.

he was drawing an oak tree, a very important one he would say. whenever mark felt confused, upset, sad, hurt, any negative emotion, he sat on the light wooden bench that was right next to that oak tree in the park he goes to.

the way the tree looked always managed to intrigue mark. the branches were sprawled out in unusual, yet unique ways with and without their leaves.

as much as the boy tried to focus on his drawing, he couldn't take his eyes off of donghyuck's arm. the one he used to punch the mirror earlier.

he wasn't bleeding anymore, thank god. but there were visible gashes tattering his hands, wrists, and forearm. the blood was dry along that part of his body.

mark wasn't a doctor, but he knew donghyuck's arm shouldn't be kept this way. he debated in his mind if he should wake him up to clean the wounds, or let him sleep and fix him up when he wakes up.

he went with a little bit of both.

silently, mark went into his bathroom and came back out with cotton balls, a small bowl of warm water, rubbing alcohol, and white gauze bandages.

he rested the objects on his nightstand, positioning donghyuck's arm out towards him.

first up was the rubbing alcohol. he took a single cotton ball and soaked it in the liquid, before ever so gently running it across donghyuck's blood stained skin.

a small whimper was heard from the sleeping boy.

wincing, mark continued to rub donghyuck's wounds with the sting-inducing alcohol, being as caring as he could be towards him.

and as surely assumed, donghyuck slowly started waking up.

mark was nervous. he didn't really plan on talking to his crush this type of way. he imagined asking him out to the park he goes to, and having a long conversation with him about literally anything underneath his favorite oak tree.

yet instead, he's covering the gashes his crush has around his arm while he sleeps after having a huge meltdown.

yeah.

not what he was expecting.

but hey,

things happen a certain way for a reason.

as he bandaged his entire forearm and some of his hand, mark noticed scars on donhyuck's wrist.

some were faded. some looked fresh. some looked light. some looked deep. some looked smooth-cut. some looked ragged and bumpy.

needless to say, mark's heart sunk.

he picked up the other boy's wrist even though he was starting to groan while we awoke, and saw the same thing.

he knew for a fact, these were not caused by just the mirror incident.

but before he could even process his own thoughts, a hand was placed gently on top of his.

"thank you."

donghyuck's voice sounded so sad. full of suffering and weakness.

mark couldn't control himself anymore.

he lunged at the latter like a clingy child to their mother. the boy landed on top of donghyuck, their bodies pressed together. mark could feel his heart beating out of his chest.

he wondered if donghyuck could feel it too.

donghyuck wasted no time in hugging back, though his body visibly was looking like it was going to shut down on him.

"y-you're okay." mark whispered, his face buried in the crook of the other boy's neck.

the boy kept muttering those two words over and over again to donghyuck.

mark didn't know why,

but it felt as if he had grown an emotional connection towards the injured boy in a matter of hours.

--
i want to see my girlfriend ;(
thank you for the read!
stai attento, áltura.✖️