xxi

donghyuck focus

                    ➶

08:31 || 8:31 a.m

donghyuck awoke to a pair of soothing hands caressing his abdomen and chest.

and also, a horrible headache.

but thank god it was a saturday.

groaning and with his eyes still closed, the sleepy boy turned and buried his head into what he thought was a pillow, but ended up being delicate, soft skin.

"goodmorning."

as mark's husky voice rang throughout donghyuck's ears, all the boy could do was look up at him and flush a deep red in embarrassment.

he remembered every little thing, every little detail, of what had occurred the night prior.

it even surprised him that he knew so much of last night.

"you're so adorable~" mark teased, hovering over donghyuck in a playfully way as he attacked him with multiple pecks on his face.

donghyuck took mark's hands and interlocked them with his own, gazing deeply into the taller's eyes.

and for a moment, a short, short moment, donghyuck forgot about his life and how much it was gone. downhill in just one day.

it just all left his mind.

and the shorter was loving that effect mark had on him.

to make him forget everything.

"are you hungry?" mark questioned, watching the latter with intent eyes.

truth was, donghyuck was starving.

but he hated when people saw him eating, it made him feel bad about himself.

"w-what's the point? i'm just gonna throw it all up anyway because i can't keep food in my stomach." donghyuck mumbled, causing mark to pull him into a tight embrace.

"how long has it been since you've been to the hospital for this?" the taller asked, keeping his arms locked around his lover.

"i-i don't know. around six months, i guess." donghyuck replied, suddenly feeling mark pick him clean off the bed.

donghyuck's legs were now wrapped around mark's lower waist and the taller kept him close to his chest.

when mark started walking with him down his stairs, the thin boy started to panic.

"i-i-i don't wanna go t-to the hospital." donghyuck whimpered, arms tightening around mark's shoulders.

"it's for your own good, donghyuck." the taller sighed, but ended up switching his route from the front door to the kitchen.

in the small and cozy kitchen, mark rested donghyuck on the countertop, arms sliding down to his waist.

"okay. we won't go. but it's just for today, alright?" mark sternly said, causing donghyuck to pout but eventually nod sadly.

hospitals scared the living fuck out of donghyuck.

but he knew mark was just trying to look out for him.

the taller boy left donghyuck's grasp and walked to his fridge, pulling out a small bowl of grapes.

"eat." mark instructed, holding a grape out towards the skinny boy's mouth.

donghyuck stayed silent, visibly uncomfortable and uneasy about eating in front of mark.

after the long moment of silence, mark frowned as he continued to hold the small grape towards donghyuck.

"please eat for me. please." mark begged.

"i-i'm just scared."

"don't be scared. i'm the person who you can show anything and everything you feel, without having to be scared." mark said, staring his lover right in the eye as he spoke.

needless to say, his words wrapped a layer of comfort around donghyuck's heart.

"you'll even get a reward." mark added in, a playful smile on his face as he saw donghyuck look at him in confusion.

"w-what reward?" the tanner boy asked. "you'll see," mark said as he bit half of the grape in his hand. "if you eat this other half."

donghyuck sighed, hands messing with mark's free one.

and slowly, the boy let mark feed him the grape, having patience with him all the way through.

the grape was very sweet.

but mark's lips on his after he finished the small fruit were much, much sweeter.

it was a very nice reward, in donghyuck's opinion.

mark kissed him softly, and for a long while. it was oblivious that both boys were enjoying themselves.

"good job, baby boy." mark whispered, pulling donghyuck into a soft hug. the boy became flustered, groaning and hiding his face in his hands because he wasn't used to the pet names.

"you're so cute." mark laughed, taking another grape and biting half of it, but keeping the other half on his lips.

"take it." mark told, watching as donghyuck became redder and looked at the half-eaten grape on mark's lips.

"don't do this to me!" donghyuck whined, wanting to take the grape from his mouth but being a flustered mess about it.

mark could only giggle as the shorter shyly leaned into him, receiving the grape into his own mouth and a kiss from his boyfriend.

donghyuck chewed and swallowed the fruit slowly, making mark smile wide.

"you're doing amazing." the taller cheered, earning a peck on his forehead by donghyuck.

"if you feel sick, or anything at all, you tell me. okay?" the taller said, donghyuck nodding with red cheeks.

mark continued to feed the tanner boy slowly, and ended up eating around ten whole grapes.

it may not seem like much, but for both boys it was.

and the taller knew that if he kept making little progress with him day by day, as well as having routine trips to the hospital, his lover will overcome his bulimia.

and he was going to be there for him every single step of the way.

--
you're appreciated.
you're loved.
and remember, you're never alone.
i love you, áltura.