ix

mark focus

                    ➶

15:57 || 3:57 p.m.

mark stared at the abandoned piece of old paper in the eerie silence of the empty hallways.

everybody was mostly gone.

he gulped, hesitantly picking up the piece of paper. he walked quietly to the bathroom, finding silence there as well.

all the black colored stalls were open when there was no one in there. except the last one.

donghyuck was in there, and he knew it well and clear.

the only light in the bathroom was coming from the upper windows, the sunset was going down beautifully again, hazy mixed of a dark yellow and a grunge orange.

"d-donghyuck?" mark whispered, not getting any sort of reply back. sighing, he decided to wait for him near his stall.

mark wanted to read the letter. it was old, and that was a fact considering the yellowed and old paper. he just wondered why donghyuck would still have it with him. it must be important to him.

he tried his longest to wait, but eventually, his curiosity took over him.

he opened the folded paper.

and his heart shattered as he read the words written in donghyuck's neat handwriting.

"so i have a question. do you really love me? — hold on, — don't answer that. i already know the answer."

"no. you don't. you know why? because if you did, you wouldn't have me wondering what's so important out there in the streets that you can't come home to your own kid."

"but it's okay. i love you momma, you may have given me a life that might have been crazy, but i love you no matter what. i just want you to tell me that you love me, even if you don't mean it."

— signed, lee donghyuck.

the intensity of the note had mark in such a daze, he didn't hear the bathroom stall unlock.

and he surely didn't see the paper being snatched out of his hands by a very livid donghyuck.

"why the fuck do you have this!?" he screamed, shoving mark into the white tiled wall.

mark had never seen the boy this upset. the lee donghyuck he knew never exploded like this.

never.

"ANSWER ME!" donghyuck screeched louder than ever, his grip tightening on mark's grey, fluffy sweater that gave him paws.

that's when mark saw something snap in the other boy's eyes.

donghyuck suddenly became silent, letting mark go as he looked at his own hands like he had just murdered somebody.

and then, donghyuck broke.

he sobbed, alarmingly loud and concerning. he went to the bathroom mirror, looked at himself for a mere second, then smashed it entirely, and angrily with his fist.

"donghyuck!" mark called out. glass went flying into little pieces everywhere. bright red blood dripped down donghyuck's arm.

yet that didn't stop his rampage.

he punched the tiled wall, cracking a few of the tiles and showing no signs of stopping at all.

the blood he was losing continued to rise higher and higher.

he furiously kicked a stall door, knocking it clear off its hinges and sending it crashing roughly to the ground.

with everything donghyuck did, he cried hysterically. he knew if he kept going at it with this bathroom, it wouldn't be good for his painful migraine that was starting to set in on his body.

mark, with all his strength, tried to restrain donghyuck from causing any more damage to both the bathroom and himself.

he swears donghyuck had become the hulk in that moment.

it seemed as if nothing could stop him. not a single thing.

and just when he went in to try and restrain him again, the boy paused his destruction.

his head. he grabbed the sides of his head.

"argh!" donghyuck screamed in a really pained tone. the boy fell to the ground, a crying mess.

mark took that as his chance.

he pulled the bleeding boy into the corner of the bathroom, away from the broken stall door and the sharp glass littered everywhere.

mark locked his arms around donghyuck's body, sending nothing but comfort towards him.

donghyuck sobbed and sobbed.

his head buried in mark's neck.

his arms tightly grasping mark's sweater sleeves.

mark could feel donghyuck's tears on the skin of his neck.

he felt bad. no, awful, for donghyuck. but mark's feelings didn't matter right now. the world didn't matter right now.

the only thing that mattered right now was the beautiful, beautiful boy he was holding tightly in his arms at that very moment.

nothing else.

--
my headache be playing like i won't pop ten pills and end the both of us
thank you for the read!
até mais, áltura. 🍷