2. Naming ceremony... and school?

A/N I haven't got much to say other than enjoy the second chapter!

Ideas and criticism welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The months leading up to my naming ceremony were boring. Mother and father were always out so the maids had to 'take care' of me. Put it simply the maids hated me. The reason why? Meh why should I care... apparently I was 'A lazy good for nothing' according to them because I didn't answer when called for and I never listened to them. Well, all of this is true... but my excuse was, they are too bossy, so I decided to ignore them. They eventually got the idea that I wanted to be alone, so they started to put food by the door of the library. The library became a home for me, I only left for the bathroom and of course for sleep. I mean, I can't not sleep in my comfy bed now can I? It just... calls my name... well I have no name at the moment... so It just pulls me towards it!

Anyway, today is my naming ceremony where well... I get my name finally it got really boring with the maids calling me a brat, bastard of a child and other things they could think of. And also where my family and every other noble will see what magic I can use and my potential in magic power, but after years of using my magic I was pretty far ahead of every other noble but I didn't want any attention, luckily I had a plan! At the moment I was in my room getting tortu- dressed for my ceremony by my 'Oh so happy and friendly' maids. Father had bought me a black dress that looked too heavy for a two-year-old to wear with white frills flowing from underneath, a headband with white flowers on it, with white stockings, and what seemed to be school shoes from my old world... oh yeah school that's a thing... damn.

I looked in the mirror and, I was beautiful. This was the first time I had actually seen myself in the mirror. Why may you ask? Books! Is my excuse. I have long silver hair with shining blue eyes, I have a small frame and looked like a phantom with my pale skin.

 I have long silver hair with shining blue eyes, I have a small frame and looked like a phantom with my pale skin

(Better visual image for you all, without the chain. Maybe.)

Once I was ready, the maids took me outside to the carriage where mother and father were waiting.

"Hello daughter, how have you been?" asked mother.

"...Fine..." I responded in kind. They looked at me in shock possibly expecting me to say more.

"Sorry, we both haven't been at home with you... It's just because work is overloading both of us, sweetie, you understand right?" Father said with a sad expression on his face. I nodded at him in response, "So what have you been doing while we were away?" Mother asked. I pulled out a book in response and started reading. They both seemed to get the idea that, 1. I've been reading and, 2. Shut up.

We stayed in silence for the rest of the trip until we got to the where the ceremony is taking place. When we got to the door Father told me to put my book away and behave like a proper lady.

Oh... it seems he forgot that I've only had the maids for months... people are stupid.

As we walked in everyone's attention was on us, or more like me as we walked to the altar at the end of the hall where a priest was standing waiting for us.

"Ah welcome Dragon family!" He greeted. I hated him already... he's too happy... "Where's the young child that will be named today?" he said with a smile. I stepped out after he finished and bowed my head and said nothing.

"A polite child, you've raised her well," the priest said while looking at both of my parents, they smiled in response. Pfft, what did you do? "So what have you decided to name her?"

My father looked at me in thought... wait you haven't even thought of a name before this? 10 outa 10 for parenting...

"Hmmm I was going to go with Kunsuleyk, but I changed my mind and chose, Sahnahlot!" Father declared... wait... Kunsuleyk Dragon.... isn't that a villain in an otome game? Wait... family was 'busy'... hated by maids during childhood... has the two 'weakest' magic... oh joy I'm going to get more hate... meh I don't care.

"Ah following your family traditions of using the dragon language for your names. Now if you follow me I will take you to test her magic," the priest said walking away to a totem pole looking thing.

"Now Sahnahlot if you put your hand on the plate and pour some of your magic in it,"

I complied and started to put my plan into play. It's simple really. I had read up on the naming ceremony before this and I noticed something, every child who had done this was sleepy afterwards. So using that I went and did more research into magic and mana, what you need to conduct magic, and saw if you use all of your mana reserves, you begin to become sleepy and tired, this is your body trying to get the missing mana back, and with children being young that don't have big mana reserves.

I put my hand on the plate and started to pour my magic in but it wasn't much, like about 10% of my actual reserves. Once I had done this I faked looking sleepy and stepped down and slowly walked to my parent's rubbing my eyes sleepily. Huh, this might actually make me tired...

We stood there waiting for my 'results' to appear.

"AIR AND SHADOW!" revealed the priest, he subtly looked at me sadly knowing what my parent's reaction would be. They didn't look happy with me.

"We shall be taking our leave now," Father said with a stern voice. Oh, joy he isn't happy... time to use my magic in front of my parents now maybe.

Once we got home Father sent me to my room with a displeased look on his face. He came in later with my mother and told me that I was going to start school next year and that I should start studying on manners and how a noble heir SHOULD act, but I had learnt it all already so I nodded my head and went off to the library. I sat in there reading about magical animals and saw a few I would like to see for myself, The Spirit Wolf, Demon bunny, I had doubts that it was actually a demon and a Basilisk, I have a theory that could work with the Basilisk.

Once I finished the book I heard the front door open and close, I use my air magic to see who was left in the house. It was only two chefs. So I went searching for one book. That book is the only one of it's kind and was found and fathers office room. I got to his door and used Air to 'pick' the lock, I went in and looked for the book, and found it very easily. It was a book on the language of Dragons, I wanted to learn this in case I found a dragon and to find out what my name means.

I found out it was made of two different words 'Sah' and 'Nahlot', 'Phantom' and 'Silence' respectively. Orignal name here. My name was going to be Kunsuleyk with I found out was also two words, 'Kun' and 'Suleyk', 'Good' and 'Power' wow putting your hopes high and ironic considering that this was the name of the villain in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N DONE!

For those who read '1 year early,' I will update that next week.

In the next chapter of THIS story though we will see Sahnahlot go to school and meet the main heroine of the story and a possible friend? Nah I doubt it.

Ideas and criticism welcome!