The girl i like

Toby's POV
I sit down at out table at lunch along with Caleb.

"Hey guys" I sigh. I begin to get out my history revision book for my test tomorrow. The exam is on everything we've learnt this year and I can't even remember what we done last week.

"What's wrong with you" hanna asks.

"I have a huge test tomorrow and I know I'm gonna fail and if I don't pass them I'm gonna get grounded for 2 weeks meaning I can't join you guys at Spencer's lake house." I answer with a strop. "Spence I'm gonna have to cancel that movie tonight. I really have to study"

Spencer frowns but nods. Around 6 months ago I confessed to spencer that I really like her but at the time she had a boyfriend. Spencer and Noel broke up like a week ago so I asked her to go to the movies with me and she finally said yes. It wasn't going to be a date since she insisted as going as friends but I decided that if she seemed into it, I'd kiss her. Now thanks to this stupid test, it probably won't ever happen.

"I could ask Ezra to help you. I know he teaches English but he has a degree in history. He can meet you at the library or something tonight" aria suggests.

"Or you could just ask spencer to come over and help you. She's doing the test tomorrow so she can help you". That way you'll still get to have your date" Caleb smirks, i know he's just trying to set us up. He been helping me get un-friend zoned and trying to make spencer wanna go out with me.

"Would you wanna do that Spence. I get it if you'd rather go watch the movie with someone else." I ask. Spencer smiles and agrees.

"When should I come over"

"How about straight after school. We can grab some coffee on the way home" I suggested.

"I look forward to it." She giggled. I blushed and the bell rang saving me from the embarrassment.

"You're so obviously in love with her" Alison whispered in my ear as we all went our separate ways to class.

-:-

Me and spencer were walking to the brew and I couldn't think of anything to say. I wanted to keep the conversation running smoothly so I seemed cool but I just completely lose my cool around her.

"So you never told me why you and Noel broke up a couple weeks ago" what I said just came out of me, I didn't mean to ask that. Now will I seem nosy and desperate?

"Ugh... its complicated" she answered.

"Break up aren't always simple. I'll probably understand if you tell me"

"Well, all Im gonna say is that I broke up with him because I lost all feelings for him a while ago because I finally realised I really like this other guy" spencer said and I noticed her cheeks going a rosy colour. I didn't bother to ask who it is, whoever the guy is, I already hate. Why can't she just love me.

"Oh" is all I said.

We ordered our coffee and drank it on the way back to mine.

-:-

"Do you understand this topic now" she asked. I looked at the books and sheets scattered around my bedroom and nodded, she was a much better teacher than my actual history teacher.

"I think that's enough studying for one night or I'll forget what you've taught me" I flopped back into my bed and laid down looking at the ceiling when I heard my phone go off.

Caleb: are u still w Spence
Toby: yeh why
Caleb: Hanna told me not to tell you but I can't not tell you that spencer does in fact like you
Toby: what! How do you know that
Caleb: Spencer told Hanna that she broke up with Noel cos she likes u
Toby:😎😋😄❤️🤣😅😇😍😘
Caleb: kiss her before she thinks you're friend zoning her or anything like that.

It all began to make sense. Like when Spencer started blushing when saying she liked someone else, the previous week when spencer got pushed into me by aria and then aria taking a picture of us together. And spencer being wayyy more flirty with me than normal.

Spencer then began to pick up her book and put her shoes on to leave. I decided to change that.

"Where are you going" I asked and sat up.

"Home, I thought we were done studying"

"Well if you want, we could hang out for a while"  I asked. She nodded and sat on the bed with me.

I didn't know what to say so I just looked at her with a small smile on my face. She dine the same. I felt like a 5 year old boy with a crush on a girl in kindergarten. Way to shy to act upon my feelings. I dont know how, but a wave of confidence flew over me and I just kissed her. When my mind realised what I'd done, I pulled away not knowing if she wanted that too. Surprisingly, She leaned back in and kissed me back. After my overwhelming went away, I kissed back and wrapped my arms around her waist and her around my neck. We back fell onto the bed.

"Just in case you were wondering, you're the boy I really like" she broke away and told me. I smiled and leaned back in.

"Good because you're the girl I really like too"