Part 35

I turned around. "What the fuck Edward?!" I asked, laughing. "You scared the living crap out of me!"

"Sorry," Edward replied. "I snuck in here when Jacob was walking out of the door. Obviously he didn't see me because I was too fast."

I laughed. "Obviously!" I got up, walked around the couch, and hugged him. "You're not mad at me?" I asked.

He hugged me back. "No," he said. "I never was. I just seemed distant because I was thinking about that."

That was another thing that I loved about him. He always came around, right when I needed him to.

"Thanks Edward," I said to him. "I would never, ever be able to forgive myself if you were mad at me."

Edward smiled. "I'm still debating whether or not to be mad at you for hanging out with one of my whole family's worst enemies. But he's your best friend, and I understand that. But never get serious with him, please."

"I won't," I told him. "I love you. I want you. I will never love or want anyone else as much as I love and want you."

Edward smiled. "You better not," he laughed.

"Never." I let go of him and walked into the kitchen. My TV dinner was done a long time ago, so I needed to reheat it a bit, so that it would be warm.

When it was done for the second time, I took it out. I set it on the table, and went to get a fork. I walked back to the table and sat down, and Edward sat in the chair across from mine. I started eating.

Edward watched me for a few seconds. He knew that I felt slightly uncomfortable with him watching me eat, so then he took out his phone and looked at that.

When I finished eating, I threw my plate away. I walked upstairs, and I heard Edward follow me. I walked into my room. When I turned around and sat on my bed, Edward was right behind me.

Edward sat on the couch at the corner of my room.

"I need a human moment," I told him.

"Okay," he replied. He watched me as I grabbed a pair of pajamas from my dresser drawer and walked out of the room.

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I brushed my hair and teeth. I put on my pajamas and looked in the mirror. I should probably put my hair up, I told myself. I grabbed a purple hair tie from the drawer and tied it into my hair. I looked in the mirror again. I look good, I thought. I exited the bathroom. I walked back into my room, where Edward was still on the couch, waiting for me.

When I entered the room, I turned the light off. I walked over to my bed and made it. I took all the pillows off the bed and threw them to the side. I slid the blankets down and got in the bed. I turned the lamp light on and sat against the backboard. I looked at Edward.

He looked back at me.

I broke down. Not in tears, but I had a breakdown. "Please don't leave," I begged him. I switched from just sitting on the bed to kneeling on the bed. "I don't want you to leave. I'll be here alone, and I hate being the only one somewhere. I just can't do it. Please don't leave." I put my hands on my face and looked down.

Edward got up and walked around the bed to me. "I swear I won't leave," he said. "I promise." He hugged me.

I kept looking down with my hands on my face, kneeled on my bed. I was embarrassed to do that in front of Edward.

He knew what I was thinking, although he couldn't read my mind. "Don't be embarrassed," he said. "Everyone does that in front of their crush - I mean friends."

This just got more awkward. "What? You know that I have a crush on you?" I looked at him, defeated.

"Yes," he said. "I heard your and Jacob's conversation. That's why I asked if you really thought I was mad at you."

I looked at him. I was pretty sure that this was the most awkward night anyone has ever had in history.