Part 14

I walked into Biology class, nervous as to what I was going to see. But the weird thing is I saw nothing in the seat where Edward sat.

Oh well, I thought. Maybe he was going to be late.

The bell rang, starting class. Edward still wasn't there.

Thirty minutes into class. Still not there.

Five minutes left of class. Again, still not there.

The bell rang, and I was still alone in my seat. I was disappointed that he was a no-show today, but whatever.

No. I can't let him have all this control over me when he hates me and doesn't even care about my existence.

The next day, I walked into lunch. Edward was a no-show again. Rosalie, Alice, Jasper, and Emmett were all there, but I didn't want to ask them where he was because I didn't want to look clingy.

Alice and Jasper walked over to me. "Hey Alissa," she said.

"Hi," I replied. Why were they all the sudden talking to me? They've never done that before. Although Alice does have a reputation for doing random things at random times.

Alice breathed in deeply. "Oh, you do smell good. I'd never noticed that before."

"Alice!" Jasper yelled at her. "Don't say things like that!"

Alice looked at me. "Jasper and I need to talk to you."

"Okay," I said. "In private or here?"

"Um..." Alice looked around the cafeteria. " I'll talk to you in private if you're okay with that." She gestured toward that bathroom.

"Okay," I gestured for Alice and Jasper to follow me and walked toward the bathroom. They followed me.

"So I needed to talk to you about Edward," she said, putting her hand on the back of her neck. She looked at Jasper.

Jasper took over. "I know you've noticed that he's been gone. I've felt - I mean seen - your sudden mood changes. And I know that you're a little upset about it, and we'd like to explain it to you."

"Okay," I replied. "Then explain."

Alice did just that. "So Edward has been out of town for a couple of days for personal and family reasons."

"Did you pull me here to tell me those personal and family reasons or what?" I questioned. Were they really about to tell me who - or what - they really were?

"Yes," Jasper replied. "But when we say this, don't think we're lying. Because we're not. And don't tell anyone. We could get killed if you do. Me, Alice, Rose, Emmett, and most of all, Edward." He looked down. "So please don't tell anyone."

"Jasper!" Alice said, starting to get a little angry. "Get to the point here."

"Okay," Jasper said. "Sheesh. Alissa, we're... we're... we're..." He stormed out of the room. What?!?

Alice looked for him, but she couldn't find him. She finished the sentence. "We're all vampires." She looked down.

Well, there you go.

But I had one more question. 

What did Jasper mean by "saw your emotions"?