Part 15

When I got home, I went to my room and sat on my bed to think. I didn't know what to think of the whole "the Cullens are vampires" thing. Although I kind of figured it would happen, I was surprised nonetheless.

I heard the doorbell ring.

The door opened. "Hi, Jacob," Charlie answered.

"Hey, Charlie. Alissa asked me to come over."

"I'm right here," I said, revealing myself. "You can come up here, Jake." I walked back to my room.

Jacob arrived. "Wow," he said of my room. "Impressive. I didn't know it looked so great. Bella's room is so dull compared to yours."

"Yeah," I replied. "I know, right?"

Jake sat on my bed. "Yeah, so what I wanted to talk to you about. Or did you want to talk to me first?"

"You can go first."

"Okay. I just want you to promise never to say anything in public about the whole werewolf thing."

"I swear, I won't tell anyone or say anything."

"Thanks," he said. "Now you go."

"So Bella and I are in this fight at the moment."

"Fight?" He resituated himself on my bed. "About what?"

I walked to the other side of my bed and sat down. "Bella woke me up on Saturday morning."

"So this was two days ago."

"Right." I continued. "So she woke me up on Saturday morning. She told me that I 'took her man'. I asked her, 'What do you mean?' She told me that she was mad because 'I took you away from her'. She punched and slapped me for it, and I still don't even know why. She realized that it wasn't my fault that you like me, and left. She stayed in here when I left, and she cried. But she still hates me."

"I've never been hers," Jacob assured me. "Ever. So I find it weird that she decides to wake you up and punch you for a reason that's fake."

"I know!" I replied.

Suddenly, we both heard crying outside my door. Jacob got up to see what it was, and I followed him.

I opened the door, and it was Bella. She was sitting right outside her door and crying as she listened to our conversation, head in knees.

"Bella," Jacob said to her in his calm, cool, amazing voice. "Don't take what I-"

Bella looked up. "Really, Jacob?!" she asked, standing up with tears on her face. Her face was red. "You really think that I won't take what you said about me wrong?! You really think that I'll just let this whole thing go?! You really think that I will let you go?!" The way she said it made me more nervous than ever.

Charlie entered. "Whoa, what's going on?!" He walked over to Bella.

"I don't understand it, Charlie! I don't understand why you trust this kid! He tells you he's yours, and he goes and cheats on your best friend, which makes you and your best friend fight! I don't understand!"

"Wait..." I said to Jacob. "You told her that you're hers?"

"Wait..." Bella turned to Jacob. "You didn't tell her?"

Tears started forming in my eyes, and Bella started ranting on to Jacob. "I can't even believe it, Jacob! First, you hurt me, then you hurt my best friend! I can't even believe it! I don't know what to say anymore!"

"She's your sister!" Jacob said. "I don't believe that the person who you spend your whole life with is your best friend."

I looked at Charlie as tears started pouring down my face. He was just standing there, not doing anything, looking at Bella rant on to Jacob.

"That's just the reason why she's my best friend!" Bella came over and hugged me, something she hadn't done in a long time. "Because we go through everything together! We're side by side through everything, good and bad!"

Jacob just stormed past Charlie, down the stairs, and out the door. We heard his car start and him backing out of the driveway. We heard his car driving away.

Bella and I just hugged. We were fighting because of someone who was cheating on us. Once again, going through everything together.