Part 25

The next day, I went to school: one last day before break, and today would be a two-hour-early dismissal. Today, we'd be staying in our homeroom classes, which mine was Biology for some reason. With Edward. But here's a good thing: Bella was in that class with me too! That's always awesome!

When we got into the classroom, I realized something I never had before: Alice was in Biology class with us too. This would be a fun day.

Suddenly, I saw Alice walking toward me. "Hey, Alissa!" Alice called.

I looked at Edward, who was standing behind Alice. "Hey Alice," I said, grabbed Bella's hand, and walked over.

Alice looked at Bella. "You must be Bella, Alissa's sister," Alice said. "I'm Alice, Edward's sister." She shook Bella's hand. Then she added, "Perhaps Alissa has told you about Edward?"

Edward walked over and put his hand over Alice's mouth. "I'm sorry about that," he told Bella. "Alissa, you know how... well, how weird Alice is." He looked at Alice.

"Yeah," I replied. "No offense, but I really do."

Edward took his hand off of Alice's mouth and made his spot in our circle. Now, our circle was made of me, Alice, Bella, and Edward. If I were to draw a picture of our circle, it would look like this:

 If I were to draw a picture of our circle, it would look like this:

"So," Alice said to me, "when did you first meet Edward?"

Edward facepalmed.

I answered the question. Little did Edward know, the three of us girls were trying to get on his nerves. "Well, I first saw Edward on my first day in lunch. But the first time that I professionally met him was in Biology."

Alice grinned. Our trick on Edward was working. She turned to Edward. "So, Edward, how do you feel about Alissa?"

Edward started to get a little too annoyed. "Stop, Alice," he said in a strict tone. He put his elbows on the table that we were sitting around. I mentally laughed because I'd never seen him like this before.

"Seriously, Edward," Alice said, "I want to know! How do you feel about her? Tell me!" She looked at him.

A few more people in the class that were our friends started pulling up chairs and joined the circle.

"I don't feel anything for her," Edward said. "I don't have a crush on her. And that's that. Thank you."

"Oh, now Alissa is crushed," Alice joked.

"No, she's not!" Edward kind of yelled. By that time, everyone was in the conversation. "She doesn't care! Look at her face! She's even smiling!" He glared at Alice. If he glared at me that way, I swear.

Rene, one of the girls who was with me in the hallway said something: "Look, Edward! Look at all the boys who're relieved at what you said!"

All the boys quickly made their faces from relieved to just watching the conversation. It made me think.

Does Edward really not like me? And if he doesn't, then what will all the other boys think? I don't want to be with anyone except for Edward. And if I can't be with Edward, I won't even want to live. Legit.