Part 21

ALISSA'S POV

I regretted what I did to Bella as I sat there and watched her run away. I'd hurt her feelings, which is the one thing I never wanted to do.

I regretted what I did because I hated the fact that my best friend was now scared to be around me.

I regretted what I did because now my best friend didn't trust me. I knew that she wouldn't believe anything I said anymore.

I regretted what I did because now I had to suffer when I was around my friends while acting like I was happy.

"Way to go, Alissa!" a girl named Rene Merton said.

"That was awesome what you did just then!" Leona Klawansky raised her hand for me to high-five.

"Especially that it was your best friend and sister that you did it to!" Brittany Franco smiled at me.

I turned to Rene. "Not 'way to go!!'" I turned on her and to Leona. "And it's not awesome! If you're in awe of that performance that I just created, you don't know anything." I turned to Brittany. "And the fact that she's my sister and best friend is the whole reason why it wasn't awesome!" I stormed away.

EDWARD'S POV

I didn't know what I was watching, honestly. I just saw a girl in my biology class (I think her name is Bella) run down the hallway, crying. Then, I saw Alissa follow.

I'm sure she would hate me if she knew that I saw what just happened to her, and I don't want her to. No person wants his or her crush to hate them. I've seen people go through that, and no one wants it.

I walked out of the door and left, so Alissa couldn't know that I saw her. I couldn't see anything if I wasn't there, right?

JACOB'S POV

After school, I got a FaceTime call. It was from Alissa. We've been FaceTiming every day for about a week now.

I answered, and Alissa looked like she was about to cry, but I knew for a fact that she was too emotionally strong for that.

"Jacob," Alissa's beautiful voice came through the phone, "I need your help. I just did something that I would never want to do."

"What is it?" I was prepared to stay on the phone with Alissa for as long as she wanted me to. After all, she was my crush. I would stay friends with her until my heart stopped beating. Seriously.

"I asked Bella who her crush was in front of everyone."

I gasped.

"Not you, I meant someone else. She has a crush on someone other than you, and I wanted to know who it was. So I asked. In front of everyone. My friends, the boys who have crushes on me, everyone."

I was prepared to talk to Alissa about anything she wanted, but I wasn't prepared to talk to her about this.