Part 6

When I got home, I FaceTimed Jacob.

"Hey, Alissa," Jacob said.

"Hey," I replied.

"How's it going? How was your first day of school? Or was that today?"

"No, it was today. It wasn't that great."

"Yeah, because it's school."

"Yeah, but it's more than that. This guy..."

His face suddenly turned serious. "Tell me all about 'this guy'. Every little thing."

"It's nothing you need to worry about," I assured him, trying to cover up the situation. But it didn't work, and I should've known that it wouldn't.

"That's not going to work on me," Jacob told me. "What's his name? What does he look like? What did he do to you?"

"Fine, I'll tell you." I took a deep breath, nervous. "But you have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?"

"Promise. Now tell me everything." He resituated himself on the seat of his car that he was sitting on.

"His name is Edward Cullen."

"C-C-C-Cullen??" Jacob sounded really angry. It looked like he pressed mute for a second and looked up. He looked back at me and pressed mute again.

"Yes. Do you know him?" I asked, confused as to why he did what he just did with the FaceTime.

"As a matter of fact, I do. And I'm not very good friends with his family. You know who'd love to hear about this-"

"Jake! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone!" It was my turn to get angry.

"You're right. I'm sorry. But can you just tell me what he did?"

"Okay. So it was Biology class, right?"

"Right."

"So, I was standing there. Suddenly, I looked at him, and he had this terrible look on his face. He put his hand over his mouth and stayed there like that for the remainder of the class. And I have to sit next to him."

"Ugh," Jake facepalmed. He was angrier than I'd ever seen him before. "I'll talk to this leech- I mean man." He did the mute-look up-unmute-look back down thing again, only he looked up for a longer period of time.

"Leech? What do you mean by leech?" I asked. I was really confused, and I wanted to know what he was thinking really bad.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I have to go." He looked sad and angry at the same time.

"Okay, Jake. See you later."

"Bye," he said and pressed the hang up button.

What?!?