Part 27

Jasper and Alice were first. I didn't know how they were going to fight since they were dating. But they fought pretty well.

Jasper went right for Alice, right at her head. Alice ducked down fast, which made Jasper miss. Jasper went for her shoulder next. Alice dodged the attack, where Jasper missed again. Jasper went for her feet next. I think that was because he wanted to flip her over so she could be on the ground and Jasper could start the real attacking. Alice escaped, and even I didn't know where. But soon I did. Alice hopped down from the tree above them, landing on Jasper's back and kissing his cheek. Alice, my third best friend at the moment, had won that battle. I was happy for her.

Next was Edward and Carlisle. Jasper would be the ref for the next two rounds. "Ready... set... go!"

Edward ran right around to the back of Carlisle. Carlisle looked everywhere for Edward, except for behind him. Edward pinned Carlisle to the ground. "One more thing," Jasper said, which made Edward turn. As soon as Edward turned, Carlisle pinned Edward to the ground. "Never take your eye off the enemy." Carlisle had won that battle. I didn't care though; it was just practice. I didn't care who won.

The next battle was Rosalie against Emmett. They were dating too, so I didn't know how this match would work.

"Ready..." Jasper said, "set... go!" He walked around the space that Rosalie and Emmett used to fight.

Emmett was an aggressive one, and Rosalie was a good dodger, so the two made a good fighting match.

Emmett tried everything to get to Rosalie, but Rosalie kept dodging. It was very frustrating, but Emmett wasn't one to give up, so he didn't. He kept trying until he got to her, which took a long time. When he finally got to her, he smiled in celebration and pinned her to the ground. Rosalie tried everything to get up, but she couldn't. Emmett won. I cheered because I kind of didn't like Rosalie (out of jealousy).

I saw Edward walk over to me, and put his arm around my shoulder. I put my head on his shoulder.

"Are you doing anything for the next thirty minutes?" I asked Edward, with my head still on his shoulder.

"No, why?" he asked, hugging me.

"I think I'm ready to go home if that's okay with you." I yawned, indicating that I needed sleep in case he forgot.

"Oh," he said, "that's right. Okay. I can bring you if you want me to." He walked to the others to tell them.

A few seconds later, after he told Esme and Carlisle, he came back to me. He put his arm around me and we walked out of the woods.

"I'm going to stay with you at your house for the night if you're okay with it," he told me. I was happy, honestly.

All I know is that I spent the last part of that night closing my eyes, knowing that Edward was by my side.