19

"How's it going?" Helen asked frank.

Frank and I were in the lighthouse fixing it up; while everyone else was fixing the house up in different rooms or outside. I was painting the old rusty walls a pure white.

"I ordered us a part that'll have us up and running in no time." Frank explained

"You sure are putting a lot of effort into fixing that big old light bulb." She said looking around.

"A lighthouse without a light is just a house." Frank grabs her hand and pulls her closer.

"And that's a problem because?" She asked.

"Have i ever told you the story of the beautiful lighthouse keeper?" Frank asked.

"The beautiful lighthouse keeper? No. I think i would have remembered that." Helen sat on his lap.

"Ewe" I gag under my breath. But I still listen because this is the only kind of entertainment I am going to get today.

"Well, once upon a time, there was a beautiful lighthouse keeper." He starts.
"Wait, wait. I thought that lighthouse keepers... were old men in yellow raincoats with long white beards." Helen interrupt's.

"Oh, no. This one was a real hottie. She had long red hair. She was tall... yeah. ...and her body, it was the bomb. Anyway, her man was a sailor."

"Oh, i love sailors." She flirted.

God old people are always horny.

"And he was afraid that she'd find someone else whenever he was away. So she said to him... "as long as that light up there is lit... "my heart will always be yours." So, from then on, whenever he was away at sea...he could just look back and he'd see that light... and he knew that his true love still cared." He finished giving her a peck on the lips.

Awwww you got to admit they are cute. I wish I had romance.

" Frank?" Helen asked.

"Yes, my beautiful lighthouse keeper?"

"We're doing the right thing, aren't we?" She hesitantly questions.

"We've had a bumpy start. Come here, i wanna show you something. Look. Okay. See that? That's the buddy system. We're jelling as a family, even as we speak." He said pointing down to kids working and moving things. 

"Yeah. You know, it just might work." She said.

They both leave the lighthouse. I can tell all ready that this is not gonna work. They all hate each other with a burning passion. I wish everyone would get along. Its been like three months since we've all lived together.