17

After Helen found out what we did to Frank's kids; they made us all sit in a large circle to 'talk things out'. The Beardsley family on one side of the circle next to Helen. And us on the other side next to frank. I sat next to Dylan and phoebe. I caught William looking at me but I just turned away.

"This is our talking stick. And this is a "no judgment circle', So whoever has the stick... may express themselves without fear or interruption. So, William, why don't you begin?" Helen explains passing it to him.

"Go ahead. Just, you know, say what you need to." She said.

The Beardsley passed the stick with disgusted looks on their faces. None of them talked. When the stick got to Ethan he was about to pass it to Aldo.

"Wait. One of you must have something to say." Frank said looking at his kids. They just shrug .

"Okay, if i can interrupt... i'll take the talking stick. Okay, i have something to say. In the interest of making this house a home... i have come up with a little chore chart." He said standing and flipping a call board around.

Little board? That thing was fucking huge. And I saw my name at least six times. Some of these chores were crazy. He called it operation lighthouse.

"You gotta be kidding me

"You gotta be kidding me." Jimi said.

"Is this a joke?" Dylan asked.

"Charts are never a joke with the admiral." Michael said shaking his head.

" Look, mom, we gotta go. We're gonna be late. "Phoebe said.

We all stood up moving around so we could leave.

"Let's go." Kelly said.

"Yeah, let's get out of here."harry said.

" Whoa! Whoa! I want you all home right after school... because we have to go out and requisition supplies. Dismissed." Frank reminded us. us.

"And there is no I in team. so we will work together" Frank says.

"No but there is a me" I state rolling my eyes, "Let's go." I say leaving the room.

_____________________________________

I sit next to Dylan in our History class with a small smile on my face. My hand is in his lap while he is bent over and drawing on my hand. I try to pay attention to the book we are reading. But I am having a hard time with him touching me. I have Goosebumps all over my body whenever he touches me. The thing is that I have ideal why. I mean I look at him as a brother. Do I?