43: Randy

《Rye Beaumont》

"Look, Mike I just need a place to stay while until I get back on my feet." I spoke into the phone, rubbing my face with  free hand.

"Ok, ok. Just let talk to my roommate, I'm sure he'd have no problem with you staying for a few weeks, maybe months." My friend shushed me, calming my nerves.

-2 days later-

With my suitcase in hand, I knocked on a apartment door.

"This better be the right address." I mumbled to myself, listening intensly for the stomping foot steps that made their way to the door.

A small blonde boy answered the door, sharing a shy smile.

"You must be Ryan, Mikey will be back shortly." He answered formally.

"Rye is just fine, and you are?" I smiled back.

"Andy." The blonde offered his hand out, as I took it in my hand, I realised his was much smaller than mine and a lot softer. 

Andy pulled me inside and showed me around the flat, then lead me into a room.

"I offered to share my space since Mikey has his girlfriend, Bailey here a lot. She seems rude but she means well, just really protect over Mikey since...the accident." Andy trailed off, a grimace painted on his face as he remembered.

I knew of the accident as well, it's hard to lose a child, especially to not get to say goodbye, though it happened 2 years ago, it's still a open wound for him.

"Anyway, here are some noise canceling headphones, trust me. You will need them, whether it's at night, in the morning. So I highly recommend." Andy joked although there was truth in his words.

"I'll take your word for it." I laughed, my nose crinkled up in disgust.

"Good."

-----
2 weeks later

"Faster Rye, faster!" Andy screamed.

"I know, I know." I groaned back.

I flicked joystick faster, holding it down as I forced myself to run, the flag in my character's hand, as Andy gunned people down for my safety,

As I mad it to our team's base, the word victory showed up on the screen, causing excitement to erupt from our bodies to jump up, tossing the controllers on the couch, as Andy jumped and wrapped legs around my waist in a hug.

Just saying, I could get used to this. I smiled at him as I stared into his eyes.

"We won..."
----
Hahaha sorry for the second part, I had too. I haven't been updating haven't had much inspiration, more to come.

-Emma🍍