Sam's Fever (SamXReader - Sickfic)

You walked into your bedroom in the bunker after a long day of hunting. You threw yourself onto your bed next to Sam, who was already half asleep. Immediately, you could feel the heat radiating from his shaking body. You sat up and put your wrist to his sweaty forehead. His forehead was burning

"Sam?" you asked.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Are you feeling alright? You're burning up." You planted a soft kiss on the top of his head. Sam only hummed in response. "Sam, baby, what's wrong?"

"I'm just tired, Sweetie," he mumbled.

You laid back down and wrapped your arms around his body. You stayed awake until you could hear Sam's soft snores. 

You woke up the next morning before Sam. You walked out into the kitchen. You headed towards the fridge and got out the eggs and started to scramble them.

"Hey," Dean mumbled as he walked past you. He got out a box of granola and dumped it into a bowl. He quickly followed it up with some milk.

"Granola isn't like you, Dean," you muttered.

"That's all Sam gets these days," he grumbled. You smirked.

Finally, the eggs were done. So, you piled them evenly into two bowls: one for you and one for Sam. You sat down at the table with your eggs.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Dean said, causing you to look up from your eggs to see Sam walking in. His eyes were droopy, his face was flushed, he was all sweaty, and shivering. 

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine this morning, love?" you chimed in.

"Yeah, yeah," Sam mumbled as he plopped down at the table.

"I made you some eggs. They're in the kitchen," you smiled.

"I'll eat later," Sam muttered.

"Okay, what's wrong, hun?" you sternly asked.

"Nothing, (Y/N)," Sam let out a long breath, "I just have a lot of research to do today." Sam got up a walked out of the room.

"I think he's sick. He had a pretty bad fever last night," you mumbled.

"No shit," Dean huffed. "I'm gonna go check on him." Dean got up and went in the same direction as Sam.

"Dean, I'm fine!" you heard Sam yell from the other room a moment later.

You ditched your eggs and followed the ruckus into the library. You saw Sam sitting at the long desk with his nose in a book. His eyes were tired and his face was flushed. Dean was towering over him, leaning on the desk and the back of a chair.

"He won't go back to bed. He needs to rest and get better," Dean argued as he looked up at you.

You pulled out a chair and sat next to Sam.  You took his hand in yours and looked him in the eyes. "Baby, you're really sick. I need you to go back to bed for me. I want you to feel better."

"Fine," Sam mumbled weakly. He got up and walked towards your shared room.

"How'd you do that?" Dean asked.

"Being stern and grumpy all the time makes him want to fight back. You have to be calm with him," you explained. Dean just huffed in response.

You went back to the dining room and finished your eggs while Dean researched stuff for Sam. About an hour latrr, you went in and checked on Sam, but you noticed he wasn't in his bed. He had collapsed in the hallway outside of him room.

"Sam? Oh my god. Dean! Help! It's Sam!" you called out. You crouched down next to Sam and looked for a pulse in his neck and checked to see if he was breathing. You finally found one and he was breathing. Soon after, Dean came running down the hall.

"Sam? Sam!" Dean yelled.

"I think he just passed out, but he might've given himself a concussion," you muttered. You checked his fever with your hand. "It's definitely gone up."

"We need a cold bath. Go run one and I'll carry him," Dean ordered.

You ran to the bathroom and turned the cool water on. Dean came in with Sam over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Dean gently set Sam down and undressed him. You helped set him the cold water. Dean got a thermometer out of the drawer and stuffed it in his mouth. After a minute or so, you took it out and read it.

"Oh my god. It's 104.2," you sighed.

"What's 104.2?" Sam mumbled.

"He's awake, thank God," Dean sighed.

"You're fever, baby. You're so hot it probably made you pass out," you explained.

"S-so cold," Sam mumbled as he tried to get out of the tub.

"Nope, we need to get your fever down. You're staying here until it's at least 102. I'm going to get some Tylenol. That should knock it down a bit," Dean said. He got up and left.

"(Y/N), let me out. I'm so cold," Sam pleaded.

"I know. I'm sorry, but I can't," you muttered and held his hand.

After a minute, Dean came back with a couple pills and a glass of water. He gave it to Sam. Sam took a big gulp of water to get the pills down. Dean stuffed the thermometer back in his chattering mouth. After another minute he took it out.

"Hmph, it says 102.8," Dean said.

"Oh God, please let me out," Sam pleaded again.

"Just a little longer, love," you hummed.

After several minutes, Dean checked his temperature again. "It's 101.9. Drain the tub," Dean ordered.

You leaned over and pulled out the drain plug. Sam stood up and you wrapped a towel around Sam. Dean left for a moment and came back with clean, loose clothes for Sam. After Sam was clothes and sort of dry, you helped him to bed.

"Will you stay with me?" Sam mumbled. He was so exhausted, his eyes drooped.

"Of course," you whispered and crawled into bed next to him. You cuddled his shaking body until he fell asleep.

Sam slept all the way until the next morning. He woke up feeling much better. His fever still lingered a little, but it stayed under 100 degrees.

A/N -
Hey! This one was requested by NerdWriter16. I've got some requests lined up, so expect some more parts in the near future!