Poor Sam (Sickfic - Request)

"Hey, It's Dean. Leave a message," Dean's voicemail answered for the third time, ending with a beep.

"Dean, pick up the damn phone! Your brother is really sick, and I just don't know what to do!" Jessica sighed. "Please, Dean," she pleaded, trying not to let Sam hear her. Out of frustration, Jess tossed her phone onto the couch.

She slowly walked into the bedroom to see Sam still curled up in a fetal position on the bed. He groaned when she entered to acknowledge her presence. "You don't have to stay with me, Jess. If you have homework or something go do it," he ground out. She just sighed in response. She knew there was no point in arguing with him.

Suddenly, the phone rang in the living room. Jess stood up to go get it, leaving Sam alone with his thoughts. "Hey, Jess. What up with Sammy?" Dean asked as soon as Jess took it off of the receiver.

"Stomach flu, I think. He's hasn't thrown up yet, but he's really nauseas, has a fever, and there's no color left in his face," Jessica explained.

"Oh, brother. He'll be fine. Make sure he has water if he starts throwing up. He won't want it, but try to give it to him. He could get pretty dehydrated. Try to make him as comfortable as possible. Don't give him a comforter, that'll be too warm for him. A sheet or a throw blanket would be just fine. He'll just want to sleep, if he can, so let him," Dean instructed, with Jessica taking notes in her head.

"Water, comfort, sleep. Got it," Jess restated.

"And call if you need anything," Dean ordered as he hung up the phone. Jess dropped her phone on the love seat and walked back into the bedroom. She sat down next to Sam and rubbed his back in a feeble attempt to make him feel better.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Jess asked in the softest tone she could muster. Sam only groaned in response. He rolled onto his other side so he wasn't facing Jess.

"Who were you taking to?" Sam asked after a moment.

"Nobody," Jess lied.

"I could hear you. It was my brother wasn't it?" he interrogated as he sat up.

"It was just the nurse from the campus clinic," Jess lied again.

Sam let out a soft moan and got out of bed. He stumbled over to the bathroom and locked the door. "Sam keep that door unlocked. I want to be able to get in there in case of an emergency," she yelled after him.

She got up and waited outside the bathroom door to make sure he was okay. Soft gagging could be heard through the door followed by a splash. Jess heard Sam cough and gag over and over. She reached up above the door and felt for the key she kept on the door frame. She quickly unlocked the door and slowly let herself in.

"Dammit, Jess. I locked the door for a reason," Sam sputtered. He had his head rested on his forearms which were perched across the toilet seat. He reached up and flushed the toilet.

"Well, I told you to keep it unlocked. You could've choked and I wouldn't be here to help you," she complained.

"You shouldn't be seeing me like this," Sam groaned.

"Look, I love you and I want to make sure you're okay. I want to take care of you," she said softly. Sam just groaned in response. "Hold on a sec," Jess whispered before getting up to get a glass of water. Once she returned, she offered it to Sam.

"Jess, no. I won't be able to keep it down," Sam refused.

"Sam, you could get dehydrated. Just a sip, please," Jess whined, pushing the glass towards his face. Sam reluctantly took the glass and took a couple sips before hastily putting it on the counter. He quickly threw it up into the toilet.

"Damn it. I'm so sorry, Sam," Jess sighed, rubbing his back gently.

"Jess, it's fine. Just go back to bed," Sam pleaded.

"Hold on, baby," Jess whispered as she got up. She wandered out into the living room. She pulled the red, fleece throw blanket from the love seat and brought it back to the bathroom.

"Jess," Sam whined from the floor.

"Here, Sam," Jess said softly as she draped it over him.

She sat down by him and let him rest his head on her chest. Little Jessica, held her giant of a boyfriend and rocked back and forth like he was a little child. She hummed softly as he fell asleep on her. Eventually, she fell asleep too, leaning up against the wall.

A/N ~
Hey, I'm not dead.
I'm really sorry that this part is several months overdue. I've just been having a lot of mental health issues lately. I'm going to try to post more frequently but every time I say that, it doesn't happen. Again, I'm really sorry. This was a request by haliadelatorre. I'm sorry I had to follow you in order to tag you. Wattpad is sometimes a bitch like that.