Chapter 23: I Will Always Love You

Frisk POV

Everyone stared with shocked looks as I stood at the front of a garden full of echo flowers. Except they didn't repeat everything you say.

Only one or two people were here. Undyne, Mettaton...Sans...

I glared straight at Undyne, avoiding Sans' eyes.

"Where is she?!" I yelled again. Sans kept staring. No words formed in his mouth.

"Mommy!" Kiri ran to me, wrapping her arms around my legs.

I sighed in relief.

I only notice now that my hood is down. I blush and quickly pull it back up.

"I want to send her to the surface." I say sternly.

"There's no possible way. Unless someone is willing to give there soul up." I stare at Undyne. I have never hated anyone more then I have today.

"I swear you better step down. This child is mine. If you so much as touch a strand of her hair, I will make sure you never make it to the surface in one piece." I threaten and she scowls at me.

"You've grown to be annoying." I laughed, sarcastically.

"That's rich, isn't it? How many children have died at your hands? Before they even came to his?!" I pointed at Sans. He's still staring at me, making me a little uncomfortable. "Tell me how you looked them in the eye and killed them! TELL ME!" I yelled out. Everyone stared at me.

I even shocked myself. I left out a few huffs and turned to Kiri.

"I'm sorry, you had to witness that, my child." She looked up at me as tears filled my eyes.

"Mommy, are you crying?" I wiped the tears.

"No, dear. I'm...I'm fine. Now come on." I grab her hand and leave the castle.

"Am I not going to the surface with you?" I look at her.

"I wouldn't have been able to in the first place. I didn't have a human soul." She furrowed her brows.

"But...You are human." I shake my head.

"I was born from two monsters. They're dead now. But I have a monster soul. Besides, I only have half a soul." I smiled at her and she tightened her grip on my hand.

"If you would've told me that, I probably would have stayed in the ruins. I wouldn't have wasted your time." I kneel next to her and grab her shoulders.

"You are not a waste of time. You have been the most bearable child I've ever chose to take care of. And the sweetest." She smiled a weary smile at me.

I stood back up and walked along with her.

I stopped at the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Frisk!" Sans yells. I sigh.

"Go play Kiri. Just don't go near strangers. Or Undyne." She nodded and ran to a small monster kid.

I turned to Sans, pulling my hood down. I see no point of keeping it up when he knows it's me.

"Frisk, please. Come back to the castle. I need you back." He grabs my hands. I shake my head.

"I can't Sans. Not after all those poor souls." I snatched my hands back and tried to walk away.

He quickly grabs my wrist.

"Frisk...Please..." He pulled me closer.

I didn't resist. I didn't do anything. I couldn't.