Chapter 21: I'll Protect You, My Child.

Frisk POV

A few years later

5 children.

5 came.

5 left.

5 died.

1 poor soul left.

One soul left to be killed for our freedom.

"Human lady?" The small girl called out for me and I smiled.

"Good day, Kiri. Would you like some breakfast?" The girl smiled, her small purple dress and jet black hair followed her.

Kiri was the last human. The last to risk her life. I refused to let her go.

I set her out some pie. A butterscotch, cinnamon pie.

"Thanks mom--" I froze as she called me this.

They never called me mom. None of them.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to--?!" I pulled her in for a hug.

"Would...Would that please you, my child? To call me...Mother?" She nodded against my shoulder. "Then call me mother." I smiled as tears filled her eyes.

"Thanks...Mom?" She smiled sweetly. "Who's this girl?" She pointed to a picture of Zara. My smile faded.

"Where did you get that...?" I asked my voice breaking.

"In the room I've been sleeping in, under the bed." She noticed my distress and put the photo down. "N-Nevermind. I shouldn't have asked."

"No. You have a right to know." I took the photo and sighed, staring at her ocean blue eyes. "Zara...She was my daughter..."

"Was?" She asked and I avoided her gaze. Those little green eyes...

"She followed the first child out. Tried to protect them. But..." I put the photo down quickly, tears filling my eyes. "E-Excuse me." I walked, quickly, into the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection. My hair had grown past my knees but I held it back with my purple ribbon.

I wore a lilac gown with a white roses belt with the royal symbol in the middle.

I took a breath, cleaned my face and brushed my hair.

I felt tired. I barely slept last night.

I walked back out and smiled towards Kiri.

"Are you alright mom?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes. I'm fine. Just...Miss her is all..." I sit next to her. "Would you like me to read to you, dear?" He shook her head and looked towards my sapphire ring.

"Is that an engagement ring?" My face flushed at the thought of him. I slowly nodded.

"Yes...I got it from my husband..." I stood up and went to the garden. I don't wish to talk about Sans.

I never do, anymore. I even refused to talk about him with Zara.

I let out a long sigh as I watered my flowers.

I noticed a single withered rose. I planted a soft kiss on it's petal and it sprung into life.

"Mom?" Kiri called out to me and I turned and smiled at her.

"Yes?" I put a cherry blossom in the bow in her hair.

"How do I exit the ruins?"

Not another one...I thought she was happy here...