Chapter 22: I Have Come To Save My Child

Frisk POV

I stand my ground as Undyne stares at me, with a shocked expression.

"A grown human?!" She yells. I thought she would've recognised my voice. Although it has been a few years...

I don't say anything, except push Kiri behind me.

"Don't get too close..." I mumbled to her. Kiri nods.

"Move. That human will set us free." She summons a spear and I force a shield around us.

My magic has advanced since I was young and the monster side of me is keeping me 28.

"She is but a child!" I say through gritted teeth, as my magic gets weaker.

"Undyne, leave them alone!" Fell yells with a glowing red eye.

"Stay out of this fell." Undyne says as sweat beads run down my head.

I use all my might to keep the shield up but I shrink to the ground and the shield fades away.

Undyne throws me aside and approaches Kiri.

"N-No...Get...Get away from her..." I reach my hand out but I can't move.

"I said leave them alone!" Fell pushes Undyne back and grabs Kiri.

"Fell!" She yelled and I clutch the snow around me and slowly rise onto my feet.

"Teleport h...Her to...Waterfall..I'll...See you there..." I clutch the area where my soul would be and use my scythe to stand straight.

"Frisk, I--" Undyne shoots a look at Fell.

"Frisk?!" She looks back at me and I shake my head.

"Zara." I say, trying to hide the fact I am.

"You can't be, she's--" I lower my head and stand straight.

"Dead?" I ask a red eye gleaming from my hood.

"M-Mommy, your scaring me..." Kiri mumbles and I grab her shoulders.

"I'm sorry...It tends to happen..." I hug her and Undyne takes her off me. "Give her back." I growl.

"Sorry, but I can't do that. I need this kid."

"For what? To return to that pitiful place on the surface? You were there you know it isn't all its cracked up to be." I told her my patience wearing.

"How do you--" I pull my hood down.

"As your queen I demand you to give me my child!" I yelled and still refused, although she was really shocked.

"I'm sorry." She said and began walking away. I ran up to her, stealing Kiri from her.

I use my magic to run, inhumanely. By the end if it I was in waterfall.

"Did we lose her?" Kiri asked and I gently nodded.

"Yes...We lost her..." I stood and limped over to the water.

It was cool and refreshing on my aching body.

"Will you be okay?" Kiri asked me, worry sneaking its way to her voice.

"Yes...It's just been a while since I used that much magic. It does exhaust people, you know." She smiled and looked into the water.

"Is it safe to swim in?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"I remember when my husband took me to a place just like this...It was when he first confessed to me..." I close my eyes and gently smile.

"You really do love him..." She smiled as I blushed.

"Yes...After all these years...I wish it wasn't true...But unfortunately it is."

"Why is it unfortunate? I think it's beautiful." I shook my head.

"Haven't you heard the stories?" She shook her head and I sat her on my knee. "Long ago, two races ruled the earth. Humans and monsters. One day, war broke out between the two races. The humans were victorious." Her hands lay on her cheeks in pure interest.

"This is an interesting story." I smiled.

"They sealed monsters underground with a magical spell. The king, Sans, soon after loathed the humans. He set a law saying all children to fall would die. Just so, we could get out of this hellhole." I looked down and Kiri looked at me.

"Your husband..." I slowly nod my head. She knew it would be best not to push me further so, she turned her head to the glowing water.

"Is it true your adopting me?" She asked suddenly.

"Well, If you want me to. I would be glad to have another daughter." She jumped at me.

"Thank you, mom!" I giggle. Kiri looks into my eyes to see my starry pupils. "Wow! Your eyes are so pretty!" She jumped up and down with a huge smile.

"Okay. Calm down. We have a long walk from here its best we get some sleep." She curls up next to me.

"Will you sing me a song?" She asked.

"Which one?"

"The one I heard you singing in your room. The one about the sunshine?" I close my eyes and part my lips.

You are my sunshine...
My only sunshine...
You make me happy...
In skies of grey...
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you...
Please don't take...my sunshine...

Away...

I mumbled the last word. The whole song reminded me about Zara. How I failed to protect her.

I'm determined Kiri will survive. Even if I give up my soul to see her go.

I notice Kiri sleeping soundly next to me.

I sigh closing my own eyes, letting my exhaustion take over.

I slowly awake but Kiri is no where near me.

"Kiri? Kiri?!" I don't see her. Just a giant boot print.

Undyne...You slick son of a bitch.

I start to run to the Hotland lab. The fastest my magic could carry me.

"Alphys! Open this door!" I banged on the door. Anger pulsed through my voice as she slowly opened the door. "Where is she?" I mumbled darkly as she backed up.

"W-Who?" She asked hitting her desk.

"The human." I pull a knife from my sash, being too tired to get my scythe.

"U-U-Undyne took her." I press it to her neck.

"Where?" She remained silent. "Answer my question!"

"T-T-The castle!" She yelled. I stabbed my knife through her desk.

"Don't touch my children again."

"Frisk?" She whispered but I was already running to the castle.

I pushed through the doors. Everyone stared at me.

"Where the fuck is my child?" I mumble darkly.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

Hope you enjoyed 💜💜💜