chapter 19: my new family

Frisk POV

Zara came back to me happy and healthy. She always enjoyed me singing to her. I'm still lying in a hospital bed as Sans walked in and kissed my cheek. Everyone has left by now.

"How you doing sweetheart?" I focus on sans left eye socket. There was something black on Sans' face. I wiped it to see a crack.

"Why did you hide it?" He looks down.

"I-I got into a fight with those who kidnapped you...and I didn't want you to worry..." I gently smile as Zara tries to grab sans again. I pass her to sans.

"Well I can't heal it for you because I can only help fatal wounds, but its only a scar."

"That's okay I have you and our baby. that's all I need." I gently blush.

"Sans? I've been trying to work out how you found me. How did you?" He scratched the back of his skull.

"We used sniffer dogs to find you. Although she stopped to have her puppies then I went on a walk. I heard screaming, I followed it and by the time I got there the screams died down. I ran in to find you unconscious and another me just bigger and the other looks like a right pervert. So I kicked there Butts and took you to the nearest hospital but got told to come here." I giggle gently. 

"my hero" he smirked.

"can your hero have a kiss?~" I blushed gently and kissed him as Zara attempts to slap sans face.

"well aren't you cheeky!" I said as she giggles.

"she's just kid-ing around frisk" we both laughed.

"uh....frisk I have a question" he passed Zara back to me.

"yes sans?" Zara starts biting my finger.

"what did you mean earlier?" I gave him a confused look.

"sorry?" He looked away slightly.

"you...you said you couldn't be fixed..." I sigh.

"I know you've been looking for a cure for my constant nightmares and hallucinations. I dont remember saying that but that must be why I said it." He sat next to me.

"okay but don't think you're causing trouble if something's wrong. Okay?" He gently cupped my cheek. I grasp his hand.

"dear god I missed you...." I whisper quietly. His eyes softly looked at me. He pulled me closer into a soft kiss. We quickly part as there is a knock on the door.

"Mrs Gaster? You have a visitor." This nurse was completely new, she had black hair in a pony tail and beautiful facial features.

"thank you, let them in." She nods and let's in Gaster and another woman.

"hello child. How do you feel?" He gasps as he saw Zara. "is that...our grandchild?" I smile at him.

"yes this is Zara...Zara this is your Grandad." She giggled at Gaster. I look up at the woman.

"oh Frisk this is Wendy my mom." Sans says as I stare at Wendy.

"oh that makes sense. Hey Wendy." She smiles.

"hey frisk...may...may I hold her?"

"of course you can!" She almost screamed with excitement when Zara fell asleep.

"frisk I was hoping I could talk with you about something." Wendy sent him a glare.

"not right now wing ding." I gave them confused looks.

"its alright Wendy. What did you want to say?" He scratches the back of his head.

"could I have-" now sans is glaring.

"Dad, stop! She doesn't know!" Everything went Silent as sans yelled that.

"...what don't I know?" There was another silence until the door opened and fell and Akumu walked in.

"Frisk it's time for dinner." She put a tray on my small table at the end of the bed. On the tray was a tomato soup and some tea with a baby bottle for Zara. Sans glared daggers at fell.

"thanks Akumu." She smiled sweetly and left.

"how ya doin' kid?" Fell says ruffling my hair.

"I'm fine. How about you?"

"Same." I start staring at sans.

"why isn't anyone telling me?" Fell stares at them, clearly confused. Eventually sans sighs.

"y-you know since there's no heir to the throne?" I nod...I know where this is going.... "I got a document earlier saying that we were the rightful heirs..." I sigh.

"I knew this day would come...But what did Gaster need?" Fell looks at me.

"I thought you might be able to...give me a job as the scientist." I smile slightly.

"of course you can." He smiled. I don't know how I feel about this though....my whole life I've wanted to avoid the throne. I sigh to myself.

"thanks frisk." Wendy passed Zara back to me. I pick up the baby bottle on the side of my food and carefully place it near her mouth. She starts drinking it. I sit quietly thinking to myself until someone broke the silence.

"so....what will you do now?" Fell asked.

"I...don't know what to do...I mean it could mean a better, fancier life for Zara but....she may grow up thinking others could do stuff she's supposed to do herself...the opposite I'm hoping she'll turn out..." Sans grasps my hand and makes me look deeply into his eyes.

"Frisk...everything will be fine. She'll be just like you, regardless of where she grows up. And mam and dad will be there, I'll be there and all your friends." I giggle gently.

"that's right child, she'll be sweet and kind, just like you." Gaster pats my forehead.

"And she'll be curious and adventurous." Wendy adds grasping Gaster's arm.

"and we'll support you. Every step of the way." I put the bottle away that Zara was using. I wasn't really hungry so I didn't eat anything.