Chapter 2: broken soul

Sans POV

Frisk is sleeping in my old bed...She slept so peacefully. Until...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I leap out of bed and rush to frisk's side. She's breathing heavily with a scared look.

"Are you okay?" I pat her on the shoulder gently.

"A-Are they here?" She looks at me with tears flowing.

"Who?" I ask her without trying to make her scared.

"....papa...sister...." She has a sister?

"No they're not here. It's just you and me." Frisk was calming down until a knock was heard.

"Oh no....They're here. SANS HIDE ME!" I quickly moved my blue rug to reveal a hidden door.

"Get down there. you'll be safe. I promise." She runs down and the knock came louder.

"SANS ANSWER THE DOOR!" Dad seemed annoyed. I threw a small flashlight at frisk and shut the door then put the rug back. I rush to the door and opened it. It was a young girl and the king.

"Your highness? Watcha doin here?" I tried to not act suspicious but it was very hard.

"Is my daughter here?" I turn around.

"DAD! THE KING IS HERE!" Dad rushed to the door and I gave a sign not to tell the king she was here. He nodded.

Gaster POV

"Your highness. Princess chara. What do I owe this pleasure?" I bowed honourably.

"We're looking for my daughter." I allowed them in the house and put papyrus to bed.

"Tea your highness?" They shook their heads.

"I'm presuming you know about toriel?" I nodded.

"Of course, king Asgore. It's dreadful news..." he raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know? I haven't alerted the public yet." Sweat formed on my brow.

"I saw frisk before I came here. she told me about the queen and she ran home. I haven't seen her since." Chara gave me a suspicious look. Asgore only sighed.

"I Trust you, my friend." He got up and left. "Let's go chara".

"Thank you, doctor gaster. Please tell me if you find frisk." chara said with a sad voice as she walked out the door.

Sans POV

"Are they gone?" Gaster just nods and looks at sans.

"How is she?"

"Fell asleep in her hiding spot" I start snickering until gaster grabs my shoulders.

"Did you LEAVE her down there?!" He started gently shaking me.

"No, of course not! I like her too much to do that--" I blushed a dark blue.

"You've fallen for her? She's only been here a couple of days And you've already fallen in love with her?" He grins and I hide my face.

"Please don't tell her, dad..."

"If you like her, you tell her. It's late you better-" Frisk appeared in the door way rubbing her eyes.