Remnants

**continuation of flasback**

Kathleen's POV (Mikhail's Mom)

Cost of Wish: 88

WISH DENIED!

"N-nooo." I weakly murmured.

I fell down on my knees as I cover my face with my two hands. Tears start to flow beneath my eyes, tears of a soul that had lost hope.

Somewhere in my mind, I knew I deserved a few stars and that my wish can't be granted. Happiness is something that can be easily ruined but can't be gained in an instant. It is chased and yearned for. But I...

God. I beg you. I know I brought pain to a lot of people especially to my parents. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for the selfish things I've done.   *sob*

"My merciful Father, I beg for your forgiveness and mercy. If this is a part of your loving plan, I'll gladly accept. But I can't go to heaven being uncertain about my family's future. Please, just let me watch over them until I can be assured they'll find happiness together."  I prayed faithfully with my tears continuously rain down.

A sudden burst of light flashes before my eyes.......

*end of flashback*

Saturday morning, I've got an appointment so I left Kadence's house early and left the two who were  playing billiards. Since it would consume so much time to go home and change, I just borrowed clothing from Kadence and set off to the meeting place.

 At the town park....

"Rashibear~!" a familiar voice of a girl resembles in the air.

From a short distance, I saw Cherry waiting under a big tree. I waved at her from afar. Cici ran towards me in excitement while Gelo followed her. Yes, Cherry is with them, and not only with my little siblings but also with my parents.

Today is Saturday and it's our grocery day. I invited Cherry to come along since mother asked me to, and also because I missed her. I haven't gotten to be with her ever since she became busy about graduation preparations.

We went to the supermarket to buy some ingredients needed for our meals for the whole week and also some snacks for the kids. My mother, together with my siblings went to the snacks area while my father proceeded to the food area. He is the one who chooses the ingredients for our healthy meals.