A Child's jealousy

In a span of two weeks, a lot of things happened. I met an old man in a form of a stranger. Then in just a few days we became friends, we became family.

But trials came in a flash, a matter of life and death. I almost died trying to save a life. In the end, I wasn’t able to.

Still, endings bring new beginnings. I was given a second chance to live. And when I saw the old man’s grandson, Gelo, from that very moment I understood one of my new life’s purpose.

Starting today (SUNDAY), Gelo will live with me and my family. Since he doesn’t have any relatives, we adopted him. I hope Cici wouldn’t mind. I guess she’ll be happy to have another playmate, and another Onii-chan.  ^___^

“We’re home!”   Just as I opened the door wide, Cici is already waiting in front of it.

“Onii-chan!!"  she dropped the teddybear she was holding and ran to hug me.

She noticed that I have a company so she asked, “O-onii-chan?? Who is he?”  as she points out Gelo.

“Oh! Cici, meet Gelo. He will be our brother from now on. Gelo, this is my little sister, Cici. She’s only 5 so you’re older than her. Treat each other nicely okay?”

My two younger siblings just look at each other. Gelo stayed at my left side feeling uneasy on the new surroundings while Cici went on my right side and holds my pants as if she’s scared of Gelo.

It seems it will be a very long moment of silence and stare so I eased the tension. Oh my two cute little siblings… ^____^

“Come on now. Greet each other. You’ll be living together from now on.”

Gelo started the greeting, “H-hello. I’m Angelito, but you can call me Gelo. N-nice to meet you. I promise I’ll be a g-good brother to you.”

Cici just continuously stared at him. Then she looked at me, “O-o-onii-chan. He looks bad and scary… His hair's too long.”

“Don’t be rude, Cici. Gelo is a nice person. What does Onii-chan keeps on telling you about how to treat others? Do not be-----?”

“Do not be jajumental (judgmental). Do not be rude. Do not say anything bad to others.”  she answered slowly.

“Good. Now, welcome your new big brother. ^___^”

“W-welcome home…..B-big brother.” she spoke those weak words unwillingly.

“Thank you, Cici.  ^__^” replied Gelo.

Phew! Atleast now the gap between my 5years old sister and my 8years old brother lessens. I know Cici is still troubled by Gelo becoming our new brother.