Suddenly his phone pings, and he fishes it out of his pocket and switches it on.

Heidi

I see your plane, come outside xx

My face falls as I read the text.

Imagine if we were actually going to stay over their house.

"Where are we going to stay?" I ask, looking up at him.

He nods at his phone and my face falls further.

"Can we stay somewhere else?" A lump forms in my throat. He looks up at me, raising an brow.

"Please."

"No."

I scowl, my cheeks reddening slightly. "Fine." I lift myself off the seat, walking past him.

"Layla." he grabs ahold of my arm and I snatch it away, gritting my teeth.

"I need to put makeup on." I force my voice to be steady as I continue to walk over to my bags.

I don't need them telling me how bad my face looks.

I rampage through the bags trying to find my foundation and groan as my headache increases.

"You don't need makeup, love." I hear Killian's voice behind me and I scowl.

"I don't care." I reply and continue looking for my makeup.

He sighs, not responding, and I take that he walked away.

I stop looking, as tears form in my eyes. Whatever. I furrow my eyebrows and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Why do we have to stay with them anyway?" I growl, as I begin to look again.

"They're helping me arrange something." I jump at the closeness of his voice.

He leans down, taking out a brush from one of the bags before leaning back up.

His fingers graze my neck, as he gathers my hair up, raking from the top to the bottom before he then begins to gently brush out the knots.

I furrow my eyebrows, confused. Why's he being so nice?

"You said you were going to be mean to me." I blurt out my thoughts.

He stops brushing for a while and I wait for him to reply, but he doesn't as he then continue to brush. My cheeks bloom red when I realise he just ignored me.

I lean down and continue looking for the makeup.

"That was before I decided to come here." He then says.

My hand freezes and I frown. "What?"

He sighs, as his brushing slows down.

"I knew you wouldn't try anything if we came here."

"What?" I growl.

"Look-"

I turn around and his hand drops to his side.