When you become friends-Don

Donatello

Donnie is meeting you irl for the first time, he should be here any minute and your stomach is doing backflips. You don't remember when you've last been this nervous meeting a new friend.

"Cmon get it together girl. We are cool online, why should this be any different?"

Mentally you went over your checklist again. You dressed cute but casual, something you don't mind getting grease all over. You've already lined up some cool projects you're sure Donnie will enjoy tinkering with. You brought snacks and bottles of soda from the kitchen downstairs so you don't have to make the trip later. And you got your Tv with netflix at the ready if you feel like doing something other than science. Wich you doubted. You always feel like doing science. You are tyding up your room for the fifth time (yeah you wern't nervous at all!) when you hear a knock at the window above your desk/workstation. You look up and see a green three fingered hand waving at you on the other side of the glass.

"Well then. I didn't expect you to come in that way! Hold on let me get the window open." You stand up from your chair to reach the lock, your other hand leans on the desk for support while you fiddle with the window. Jep that's a giant turtle climbing through your window. You sit back down.

"Either your the most dedicated cosplayer ever, or realy a turtle."

"I'm realy a turtle."

"Oh. Identity crisis over I suppose. Heh. S-sorry I uuh..-I have to proces this." You lean back in your chair and take a few deep breaths. Don sits on your desk patiently waiting for you to collect yourself, just glad that you didn't scream, or faint.. (or grabbed that mean looking steel saw on your work bench and chace him with it. Well maybe not the last one, you seem too kind to do that. And not much of a runner.)

"I have like a trazzilion questions." You say when you feel like you got over the shock for the most part.

"Heh, pretty sure trazzilion isn't a number." Donnie smiles. He's pretty cute, you think.

"It is now."

The two of you proceed to have a Q&A and get really deep into mutation on a DNA scale. The purple cladded turtle more than eager to answer all of your questions. Afterwards you tell him about the latest prostetic technology and breakthoughs in robotics.

Then you start nerding out about the cool things Donnie brought. Some of it even alien teck! You spent most of the evening gushing over his inventions.

"You're so creative! How do you even come up with this stuff?"

"Well, with limited resorces and most of it from the dump I had to take some creative liberties yes..." He looks a bit ashamed about it.

"What the...the dump?! Don you're a genius! Can you even imagine what you can do with more resorces! If you need anything specific I can keep an eye out for you, got some connections on my college."

"ah thanks. I appreciate it."

"Ooeeh what does this one do?"

Don follows your hand as it points to the latest gizmo that caught your eye. Your endless curiousity seems to rival his own and he's more than happy to satisfy it as he launches into yet another monologe. You hang on his every word, asking questions and even taking some notes. At some point you start throwing ideas of your own around and brain storm with Don until the next thing takes your attention.

*Gasp!* Is that a phone?"

"ah yes I call it the shell cell."

"It's adorable! It's like a teenie tiny turtle!"

"If you think that's cute watch this." Don takes out a shell a third the size of the cellphone and puts it on the ground. He starts a program up on his laptop and the little shell sprouts tiny legs and a neck with a camera lens on it. The neck turns this way and that before the legs start moving and the robot turtle hobbels around in your room. You barely contain a squeal.

"Thats the cutest little robot ever! Is it a spy camara?"

"Yes we use these for convert missions and information gathering. Pretty neat huh?"

You nod in agreement.

At the end of the day you feel like you've known Donatello for years.