18

angeline's p.o.v.

i sat outside on the front step of the loft, my head leaning on mitchel's shoulder. he took a deep inhale on his cigarette before passing it to me. i did the same, exhaling the cloud of smoke into the air in front of me. we'd been sitting outside in complete silence for a while now, the only sounds being produced from the few cars that drove by, just simply enjoying our own company. i handed the cigarette back to mitchel, causing him to drop the braid he had been fumbling with. it tapped me lightly on the side of my face, causing a light giggle to erupt from me. he smiled as he took another puff from the cigarette.

"you're adorable." he mumbled as he looked down at me, admiration gleaming in his eyes.

"be quiet, braid boy." i replied.

"you're a pain." he sighed.

"but i'm your pain." i replied with a smirk. he shook his head with a grin on his face as he took one last puff from the cigarette before dropping it and stomping it out on the concrete.

"we need something exciting to do." he said suddenly. he placed his hand on my knee and began toying with the ripped fabric of my jeans.

"exciting?" i questioned him. he always would come up with the most random ideas when he didn't have to go to the studio or work on anything relating to the band. he had the last few days off so he was full of random ideas of things to do, or so it seemed.

this time he sat in silence for a bit, contemplating what he wanted to do. i heard him inhale suddenly which signified that an idea popped into his head.

"angeline, have you ever thought about getting a tattoo?" he asked me.

"i guess, i just don't know what i would get or where i would get something." i said with a shrug.

"well.. how about we play a little game?" he said slyly.

"and what would this game consist of?" i asked him. my curiosity was peaking at this point. getting tattoos together was something i had definitely not expected him to suggest.

"we both come up with a little tattoo for each other and we get to choose where it goes on the other person." he answered.

"that's fine but our faces are off limits. i'm not trying to look like a soundcloud rapper." i warned him.

"fair enough." he laughed. "oh, and no names. i heard that's bad luck and i'm planning on keeping you with me for a while." he added. that was sweet.

"sounds fair. i'm in." i smiled at him. he stood up and reached out for my hand.

"well, let's go." he grinned. i grabbed his hand and stood up off of the sidewalk as i tried to mentally prepare myself for whatever ink mitchel was going to choose to put on my body forever.

_______________________________

we pulled up to a small tattoo parlor in downtown la. mitchel claimed this was the only place he would trust because that's where he had gotten all of his piercings from. he'd definitely begun to rack up quite the collection of piercings, with his helix and other lobe being the most recent additions. he'd always act like a baby if his hair got caught in one of them and would make me sit there and try to fix it. it was adorable but tedious after a while.

"hey mitch, back already for another piercing?" a heavily tattooed man said from behind the counter as we walked through the two glass doors of the building.

"actually, it's gonna be a tattoo today. both of us." he said, grabbing my hand and giving me a smile. i smiled nervously back at him, causing him to squeeze my hand as a way of comforting me. although i wasn't afraid of needles, i was a bit nervous about getting a tattoo. this was permanent. shit.