15

angeline's p.o.v.

the only thing i had been able to think about for the past few days is the possibility of moving out of this apartment. the possibility of pursuing something i actually wanted to pursue, instead of psychology like my mother had wanted. my mother had warned me about moving out to los angeles. she said i would get "distracted" and would stray away from her. maybe she was right. maybe i've already strayed. she'd probably die at the sight of mitchel.

i felt a tear roll down my cheek as i thought about my family. i hadn't seen them in so long; it's been almost a whole year. i felt like i was disappointing them by straying from my initial plans and just starting over with a boy who i had only met almost a month ago. i quickly wiped the tear off my cheek and stood up from the floor. i had to live for myself and not anyone else. i wanted to be happy.

i decided to try to facetime mitchel. i knew he was at the studio but he said he could take frequent breaks. i scrolled to his contact and hit the button to make the facetime call. i wanted a few seconds before he answered.

"hey mitty" i said, smiling at the screen. he had a hood over his head and his glasses lay on the bridge of his nose. his dark hair peaked out a tiny bit from under the hood.

"aye, angeline! what's up, babe?" he asked excitedly.

"nothing much, just checking in on you. how's the studio going?" i asked him.

"oh it's pretty chill, just working on some new tunes," he said. i heard people yelling in the background and then a crash.

"oi mate, what the fuck?" mitchel yelled to someone in the studio.

"shut up and talk to your bird, bitch boy" the person yelled back at mitchel. it sounded like clinton.

mitchel laughed and turned his attention back to the screen. i just smirked at him.

"clinton is just jealous that your ass is mine" he winked at me. i felt like i could have melted right then and there. i just laughed in reaction.

"what if i make you a surprise?" i asked excitedly.

"oooh what type of surprise?" he smirked at me.

"mitty, don't be a pervert." i replied. "and anyways, it's a surprise. it wouldn't be any fun if i told you now."

"ugh fine, i got to go. kras just tripped and spilled his beer all over the carpet. see you soon, love." he made a cute kissy face

i giggled and said "bye" to him before hanging up and setting my phone down. i decided to make him chocolate strawberries. they reminded me of when we first kissed on top of that dusty warehouse. it seemed like such a long time ago. i pulled out a container of strawberries and a bag of chocolate chips and began making the treats for mitchel. although my body was going through the motions, my mind was somewhere completely different. i couldn't get my mind off of that day on the roof of the warehouse. how magical that moment had been. i was still shocked that a guy like mitchel was even into me to be completely honest. i definitely didn't view myself as the pretty type, especially for an attractive guy like mitchel. the past month had baffled me, but i didn't mind one bit.

by the time i had snapped out of my daze, the strawberries were in the freezer hardening. mitchel had texted me earlier that he would be leaving the studio in about 5 minutes, so i told him to head over to my apartment. i took this extra time as an opportunity to freshen up a bit. i fixed my hair and spritzed a bit of perfume on along my neck. i heard a slight knock on my door and quickly rushed out of my room. i took a deep breath before opening my door and grinning at him. his white sweatshirt was baggy against his lean build as he stood there, looking me up and down.

"are you gonna let me in or are you just going to stand there and undress me with your eyes?" he asked, smirking.

"real funny, mitchel," i scoffed, letting him in.

"thanks babe," he said coolly and kissed more forehead before walking into my small apartment. he quickly turned around on his heel and looked at me excitedly, "where my surprise?"

"one moment," i said quickly as i jogged over to my freezer. i pulled out the tray of chocolate strawberries and held them out in front of me.

"i thought you would like a little treat after a long day at the studio," i said, smiling up at him.

"i knew i smelled chocolate," he said, sending me a wink as he saw down on the sofa. he urged me to come sit down with him, so i did, placing the tray in between us. he picked up a strawberry, but instead of taking a bite out of it, he placed it at my lips. just like he did on top of the warehouse. i grabbed a strawberry and did the same to him. he took a bite out of it as i took a bite out of the one he had placed in front of me. i watched him as we chewed on the sweet fruit.

"amazing" he said after he had finished chewing.

"i hope you would like them" i said, shrugging and smiling a little.

"definitely worth the wait" he said, giggling a little. i watched him as he continued to eat the strawberries, the chocolate occasionally stocked to the side of his lip. he'd try to find it with us tongue and lick it away. i contemplated bringing up the apartment situation. i wanted more than anything to move out of this crappy apartment. i knew i wouldn't be able to support myself much longer, especially with my debt continuously rising. moving in with mitchel would give me a chance to explore my options and start over; brand new.

"hey, i need to talk to you about something," i said quietly. he was reaching for another strawberry, but pulled his hand back when i began speaking.

"i'm all ears," he said, sitting back a little bit.

"i've been thinking about your... offer regarding me moving in with you." he made a slight "mhm" sound as i talked to him as a way of saying that he was listening.

"i think i'm ready to move out," i said slowly, looking up at him. his blue eyes widened as he looked at me.

"really, angeline?" he asked. i simply nodded. i hoped he hadn't rethought his offer and decided he would rather live by himself.

"this is great!" he said standing up. he moved over to me and picked me up in a hug. i eventually gave in to the hug, laughing with him as he spun me around. he gently placed me back down.

"i'll give the manager our notice and then we are good to go. i can't wait." he said excitedly.

"me either." i replied, genuinely happy.

the future seemed so bright; it was almost blinding.