13

Mitchel's p.o.v.

are u on ur way? we are on soon.

angeline🖤
yes, calm ur tits

speak for yourself 😉

angeline 🖤
oh shut up

i was pacing around backstage as i texted angeline. i was extremely nervous for her to hear my lyrics. what if she hated them? i wondered why i even mentioned it to her in the first place. it just added more pressure for me to not fuck up the lyrics.

"on in ten!" i heard clinton yell from the stage as he helped set up the mics.

"gotcha!" i yelled back, slipping my phone into my pocket. i would just have to hope that she made it in time. los angeles traffic can be a bitch sometimes. i grabbed my bass and a stand and walked to the stage. i set it up quickly and waved the people who had begun to stand by the stage. we were performing in a small record shop in down town los angeles. i hadn't expected anyone to come to be honest, so it was a great surprise to see people lined up outside of the door when we pulled up.

"five minutes, boys!" kras yelled as he tunes his guitar. "shit" i thought. i usually wasn't the one to get anxious over performances. hell, i loved performing. but today was different. angeline was going to be staring up at me from the crowd with those beautiful green eyes. at least i hopes she would. my anxiety skyrocketed at the thought of that.

i spent the last few minutes i had left before the show pacing back and forth, quietly humming some song i had heard on the radio on our way here.

"ok we're on in twenty!" jesse yelled as he headed towards the side of the stage. he waiting for the cue from our manager to head out. once given the cue, he ran out towards his spot and pat, our guitarist and bassist, walked out behind him. christian was after him, seeing that he had to walk out to the far side of the stage. clinton left after him, and suddenly i was the only one. i heard people in the crowd cheering for the boys as i walked out. i waved to them as cheered for us. i loved the feeling when you were looking down at people who idolized you. made you feel powerful.

my eyes searched the crowd until i found her. there she was, front and center, staring up at me with a smile on her face. i smiled back at her before grabbing my mic.

"hello, we are chase atlantic, and we are gonna perform a few songs for you guys tonight" i said, gaining a cheer from the crowd. i sat down in the stool that had been set up for me as christian began playing the chords to the first song.

"this one's called cassie."

_______________________________

once we had finished our set, we went backstage to cool down. although it was a simple acoustic set, the boys and i always enjoyed sitting backstage and just relaxing. kras had his "girlfriend" back there with us, i believe her name was alexa. we were just talking about the small set. i felt a tap on my shoulder and quickly turned around. it was our manager.

"there's a girl on the stage who says you would want to see her. black hair? should i let her back?" he asked into my ear. realizing it was angeline, i nodded at him and turned my direction back towards the boys. they all gave me a confused look.

"what?" i asked self defensively.

"mitty got a new chick?" kras sniggered. i simply flipped him off and smirked. i knew the boys weren't used to me having girls around. that is, unless i had found one at a club that i was bringing back. i could feel their eyes burning into my chest as angeline appeared next to me.

"hey guys," she said cheerfully. they all replied with a "hey" back. i could see her eyes searching the room for a spare seat.

"angeline, just sit here" i said, patting my lap. i could hear the others begin to laugh at me. i gave them a death glare, before turning my attention back towards angeline.

"it's fine, mitchel. i can sit on the floor," she said as she nervously laughed.

"no really, come on" i insisted, patting my lap again. she finally complied and sat down on my lap. i pulled her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and placing my chin on her shoulder. the boys began sniggering at us and i could sense she was uncomfortable.

"don't pay attention to them. they are just being dicks," i whispered, loud enough for her to hear. she laughed quietly.

"it was a pain in the ass trying to get back here." she said to me.

"i'm glad you're here now though," i said. i meant it too. the others had broken off into their own conversations. clinton was talking to jesse, probably about some sort of horse kink. they seemed to bring that up a lot, especially on social media. pat was talking with kras and alexa. kras had probably said something really stupid, per usual.

"i cant wait to get home" i said to angeline.

"and why's that?" she asked.

"i just want to kiss your beautiful face." i said quietly so the others couldn't hear. i felt her giggle a little.

"why not now?" she asked, turning to look me in the face. i wanted more than anything in that moment to close the gap that was between our lips. i knew if i did that though, the boys would never let it go.

"them." i replied, looking over in their direction.

"oh" was all she replied with. i could sense that she was kinda disappointed that i didn't want to be affectionate around them.

"you guys did amazing." she added, smiling at me.

"you made it hard for me to focus, missy" i said, raising my eyebrow at her.

"oh really? how's that?" she asked all matter-of-fact.

"you can just show up, looking like this, and expect me to not get distracted." i said, winking at her. she looked stunning. she had on a mesh-like black top with a black bralette underneath and black jeans.

"oh this" i felt her try to "shimmy" around. i looked at her with stern eyes.

"angeline, i hope you realize what you are doing."

"shit sorry," she laughed after she realized her mistake. we were taking it slow. i can't have her wiggling on top of me if i was going to keep that promise for her.

"we should probably go anyways," i said as she got up, "the boys want to have a little get together or whatever at the madden's place." i wrapped my arm around her and began walking with her out the back doors and into the cool breeze.

"thank you for coming." i said to her.

"it was amazing." she smiled up at me. she was amazing.